Regulator brand poll

If you could only use one brand of regulator for the reast of your life, which one?

• Aeris

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Apeks

Votes: 62 21.2%
  • Aqualung

Votes: 50 17.1%
  • Cressi-Sub

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Gensis

• Mares

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Scubapro

Votes: 79 27.1%
  • Seaquest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sherwood

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Tusa

• Zeagle

Votes: 33 11.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I may put in a negative vote, it's for Oceanic. I've had leakage problems with both a diaphragm and piston Delta 2. When it's not leaking it breathes fine, but my next reg will not be Oceanic.

Adam

i would have to say atomic i own 5 of them 4 m1's and one z2 . They are best regs on the market

Also have 2 scubapros mk17/g250 mk14/g250 not as good but atomic does not a make a o2 reg so needed to find one

Does anyone do a better job of providing parts or upgrades for older models than Scubapro?

John_B (Apeks owner)

Maybe but ScubaPro just does not cut the mustard in cold...and I do mean cold fresh water. On the dives I am doing you can expect 39 degrees in late August to 34 degrees in May. I've seen & heard about multiple SP regulators with multiple failures. If I didn't have the Oceanic I have grown to know and trust I would look to Poseidon and Sherwood's dry bleed 1st.

Maybe but ScubaPro just does not cut the mustard in cold...and I do mean cold fresh water.
That's not true anymore. My buddy for coldwater dives ditched his MK25/S600 setup for the MK17/G250V. The MK17 is a dry sealed diaphragm first stage. I can tell you from doing s-drills at depth that this set is as reliable in cold water as my Apeks and breathes at least as well.

I'm curious as to what everyone is basing their vote on. ... what's the big deal?
Ok.
I find with many things some fit me better than others. I can drive a Subaru and considered one several times but each time I've driven one I am constantly thinking I do not like driving this car, it is not comfortable. I have tried a few regulators however only one other came close to my pleasure with Atomics. Several were absolutely wretched for me, issues I suspect many would not find more than an annoyance.

Basically where and how I dive, plan to dive considering my expected remaining ever shorter lifespan; Atomic has been the single most comfortable piece of dive equipment. Enough so, I forget all about it. My shop tech says they are a dream to work on and never need much.
I do not expect nor imagine to desire, to ever get into some deep cave far under ground nor dodge ice bergs. If I did I may choose otherwise.

I do not expect nor imagine to desire, to ever get into some deep cave far under ground nor dodge ice bergs. If I did I may choose otherwise.
Atomic M1 with cave ring will handle the cave portion if you feel frisky in the future.:D And apropos of nothing, Atomic is testing a regulator for arctic/anarctic diving. A few days back an LDS was having an Atomic demonstration day and one of the head honchos from AA came by (Dean the head cheese himself) and shot the breeze with me for a bit. He said expect some interesting stuff to be coming out within 60-days like new masks configured for women's small face and Asian faces, and arctic/anarctic expedition regulator and other "hush hush" stuff that he wouldn't divulge.

When I'm diving home:(very cold down there,)
Poseidon Cyklon 300/ and now 5000's
When I dive in warm waters : Atomic M1, (I want to compare with the new T2...for the comfort feel)
And of course, this year i'm gonna add an OxyCheq on the pony (O2 deco)
Sorry for my bad english but I do my best
CM

Back
Top Bottom