Relocation of bottom dumps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanseleven

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I guess this question would be for Scott. I read in another thread in this section that Zeagle changed the location of the bottom dumps on their bladders to the tank side of the BC. Is this true and if so what models were changed. I just received my new Ranger the other day and the dumps are still located on the bottom. Would like some clarification. Thanks

O.K. how about anyone? Anybody have any info on this?

I have a Brigade and bought it 2 months ago, it has 2 dumps on the bottom on the backside./tankside of the bladder..

my escape has the 2 dumps also on the bottom backside. Now for a really dumb question....when would I use these except to drain any water inside on the surface..

laserdoc:
my escape has the 2 dumps also on the bottom backside. Now for a really dumb question....when would I use these except to drain any water inside on the surface..

Head down position will put air in the bottom which is now the top to dump air...

Yeh I thought of that also. But it is rare that I go down head first. Once I'm down I may go deeper head first but by then all the air is out anyway. While starting out at the surface do you ever just pull on your inflator hose to let the air out or do you always raise it above your head?

What about the new Ranger? Where are the bottom dumps suppose to be?

I've had to help a buddy who put in a little too much air and was finning to stay down. He was having problems finding his bottom dumps and I had to dump for him. In his defense we were wearing so much #@$(#!# neoprene due to the temps I'd have a heck of a time finding mine too. I have also had to use my bottom dumps after adding a little too much air with the inflator as well. So there are reasons for having them.

I understand that but where are they located on the latest model of the Ranger? On the tank side or the other side?

I was in California, at the Scuba Show, for the last few days, so I am playing "catch up"....sorry!!!

The OPVs on the Ranger BCs are the same place they have always been - on the "diver side" of the bladder (not the tank side).

The OPVs were moved to the opposite side (tank side) on the Zena, Lazer, Stiletto, and Escape models. All others have not changed.

Thanks,

Scott

Back
Top Bottom