Rent, Cost of Living

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To get a handle on rents, check out www.westhawaiitoday.com and go to their classified section. I assume there will be rentals listed. If you are looking to share or rent a room, it might not be too crazy. Houses and apartments in Kona are getting up there in price these days for rentals because there is a shortage due to owners putting them into short term vacation rentals rather than long term rentals.

Another good resource for the Kona area is www.konaweb.com At the bottom of the main page should be a link to their forums and they have a moving to Kona forum available.

Hope this helps.

Steve

MeanMr.Mustard:
I'm looking to move to the big island come september, anyone know anything about the kona area, rent being my number one concern.

Ok, I just want to say I'm Jealous, I've been trying to talk my wife into Hawaii for almost 20 years! I do think she's softening though.
please go to Haleiwa and say hello to my heart when you get there.

there is a book called "so you want to live in Hawaii" that lays it all out for you. you can pick it up thru Amazon and I don't think it's very expensive.

God bless,
the shark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom