Rental Dive Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arrow

Registered
Reaction score
We will be on Little Cayman April4-11 and will be staying at LCBR. I usually rent equipment from my local dive shop to take with me but I am having problems making arrangements before this trip. Can anyone tell me if the equipment from the dive shop at LCBR is in good shape and safe to use? I have been to some places where the rental equipment left a little to be desired. Thanks for your help.

arrow:
We will be on Little Cayman April4-11 and will be staying at LCBR. I usually rent equipment from my local dive shop to take with me but I am having problems making arrangements before this trip. Can anyone tell me if the equipment from the dive shop at LCBR is in good shape and safe to use? I have been to some places where the rental equipment left a little to be desired. Thanks for your help.

I think this is the time to purchase your own gear. :idea: I had some bad experiences way back when I initially began diving. :togo: I ran to my local dive shop after I returned from my trip. Just some advise. Good Viz, George. P.S. Have a great time down there. :cheers:

I vigorously endorse George Correa's recommendation. Renting dive gear not only has potential safety (and occasionally health) implications, but is uneconomical after a short while.

In the meantime, yes, the Reef Diver's shop at LCBR appears to have decent rental gear.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
I vigorously endorse George Correa's recommendation. Renting dive gear not only has potential safety (and occasionally health) implications, but is uneconomical after a short while.

In the meantime, yes, the Reef Diver's shop at LCBR appears to have decent rental gear.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

...and once you purchase your gear, maintaining it is essential also.Very important to do yearly servicing for regs, and tanks. Washing of gear to get rid of smelly dead bacteria after you dive, especially in salt water. it will kill your gear. Also every 5 years, hydro on your tanks. Good Viz, George

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom