Rescue Diver Cert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all. In the pool I had trouble bringing someone up from the bottom and with my fins (H2Odyssey Thursters. were like weights on my feet and freaking long). It's cramped me up before just trying to kick up and stay stationary.

But I just got some Mares Volo Powers. Lighter and we'll see if they improve my performance.

Good luck, one of the most useful and fun courses in my opinion. Just remember, the most inportant thing is rescue breathing, not how fast you get the victim in/out of their gear.

yeah, the damn videos make rescue breathing look easy.

the pocket mask definately helps out with that.

Class is far more physically demanding than any other to date, but far and away the one that made me feel like I actually had a clue about what I was doing. Best class I took... you'll be a far better diver at the end. Should be mandatory, IMO, perhaps after a given number of dives/time.

CompuDude:
Class is far more physically demanding than any other to date, but far and away the one that made me feel like I actually had a clue about what I was doing. Best class I took... you'll be a far better diver at the end. Should be mandatory, IMO, perhaps after a given number of dives/time.

I agree it should be mandatory. Looking back (though I only have like 20 logged dives) it really helps on the theory end. I can't tell you how much I learn about tables and risks of dcs that before even AOW i just wanted to dive with like 5 minutes SI. Now i'm just chill.

This is one of those courses you will really feel you have achieved something. Have fun!!!

My open water dives are scheduled for the 7th. I feel its been a good class so far but the best part is the roll playing and some of the method actors in my class. One guy started screaming bloody murder "HELP!!!!" I thought for sure the cops were going to show up. The instructor kinda jumped and said "no no dont yell help, yell.....pizza" So then every one was really hamming it up yelling PIZZA! as they were drowning. Im thinking of showing up wearing my drysuit, possibly my new set of doubles just to make it that much harder on my partner... naw that would be too mean, just dragging my 6'4" 270lb *** out of the water is torture enough. Good luck!

ha ha. Well, we have a Divemaster that'll play the victim and he was talking about how he'll sit on the bottom and and silt it up so he can't be found or he'll move.

Weather is looking like it's going to rain all weekend. Cross your fingers no thunderstorms!

cheers

Ok, the weatherman should be shot for saying 80% chance of rain. No rain no nothing. Great diving and I got sunburned lol.

But i'm now a Rescue Diver!

Congrats on the new certification. I understand Solarcaine works well for sunburn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom