Rescue Diver Class Completed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Classroom? I had no classroom other than about an hour on the cpr class beforehand. I read the book, watched the dvd, filled out the knowledge reviews, showed up to the pool on Saturday, then the reservoir on Sunday... then had to show up to take the test. The water was around 70 degrees, slightly chillier than that outside air temp (water was definitely warmer to be in!).
No classroom though.... Oh yeah, when I took my Nitrox you had to really study for the test, all the tables and stuff - my LDS told me that they don't make you do that anymore! Wow, I'm glad I took it when I did, I like knowing the diffs b/t the tables and how to keep track of o2 toxicity, etc.

We also have 2 classroom sessions and 2 days at a cold quarry. Our instructor said last night that the water still should be pretty warm, and if the air temp is around 70 or so, it won't be too much of a hassle suiting up in a 7mm. (I don't have a dry suit).

I took the written test last night and scored a 94. 3 wrong. I'm not too dissatisfied with that score. One question I got wrong was about what would cause a weight belt failure. I had absolutely no idea and checked all of the above. I also got wrong the quickest tow method (just totally forgot that one) and giving rescue breaths when you're more that 10 minutes from the boat or shore. Considering I read that chapter after my dad died and had a bit of trouble concentrating, I think I did pretty well under the circumstances. And since I went over which questions I got wrong and understand them now, I feel a lot more confident.

It was difficult even going to the class last night, but I am glad that I went. (Like you said Pir8, it got my mind off of things). We have a really nice class. 9 people so when we do the scenarios, we will be able to work in teams.

Large class can be good, but don't get lost in it! Participate as much as you can and be a team player. I prefer having a good sized class but not too large. Want everybody to get as much out of it as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom