Review: Whites Fusion Drysuit - say goodbye to cave cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive 37-40 degree water on Lake Superior, What undergarments would you use if 50 min. in
a 7mm wetsuit is about all I can handle? I have been waiting for a reveiw with this kind of detail!
thanks fdog.
We carry a new undergarment called the MK3 - this is what I wear in BC which is generally 45- 50 degrees - I have a low tolerance for the cold -This would be more than adequate for you!

Reporting from an extremely busy DEMA 2007
Tyler

For some reason the pictures are not loading.

Sorry about that, handled.

All the best, James

I saw the suit at DEMA and thought I wanted to purchase it. It was definitely a good looking drysuit I liked the streamline idea of it but I don't think it would hold up to caves. I noticed the material was starting to frey a bit just from people trying it on constantly. In my OPINION I think the material would tear.

I saw the suit at DEMA and thought I wanted to purchase it. It was definitely a good looking drysuit I liked the streamline idea of it but I don't think it would hold up to caves. I noticed the material was starting to frey a bit just from people trying it on constantly. In my OPINION I think the material would tear.

This was my thought as well. Looks like a good idea but seems fragile for the cave environment.

This was my thought as well. Looks like a good idea but seems fragile for the cave environment.

Or the wreck environment, or the shore dive environment (at least, one involving lots of sharp rocks)...

It was definitely a good looking drysuit I liked the streamline idea of it but I don't think it would hold up to caves.

I assume they didn't have any of the forthcoming heavy-duty and patterned skins at DEMA? That's be an interesting way to use the same drysuit for a number of environments - lycra for OW/travel diving, heavy-duty neoprene-type cover for caves/wrecks.

I assume they didn't have any of the forthcoming heavy-duty and patterned skins at DEMA? That's be an interesting way to use the same drysuit for a number of environments - lycra for OW/travel diving, heavy-duty neoprene-type cover for caves/wrecks.

Neoprene? So now I need to put on a wetsuit over top of my drysuit??? Well I guess that would at least allow the option of pockets...

I'm sure this seemed like a great idea in the drawing room, but with the lack of pockets, and dubious longevity of the skin (at $200 a pop) I'm not sure how well this is going to translate.

Neoprene? So now I need to put on a wetsuit over top of my drysuit??? Well I guess that would at least allow the option of pockets...

I didn't mean it was made of neoprene, only that a heavy-duty skin would be more thick/durable; I can see how this confused you, I should have been more careful with my wording. Rather, from their flier (http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?id=342&cid=593&site=4), there's an available "Hybrid Tech skin for higher abrasion resistance and added thermal protection." I have no idea what it's made of, though I doubt it would be compressible neoprene (what would be the point for a shell suit?)

Still the question does remain, is the removable-skin idea a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none situation?

Back
Top Bottom