Review: Whites Fusion Drysuit - say goodbye to cave cut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any updates - I just tried one on at the Long Beach Scuba show - Felt great! I would like to hear any additional reviews before I make a purchase.

Just got out of the water about 2hrs ago with mine.....I still love it . I was DMing a Rescue class and got to bully the students as the victim, and get thrown around a bit on land while make me alive again :wink:....Suit is still fine after that too :D

I've got about 75 dives or so on mine now, and the only complaint I have is that the zipper is very difficult to open. It's my suit, though, because my husband's isn't like that at all.

I've got about 75 dives or so on mine now, and the only complaint I have is that the zipper is very difficult to open. It's my suit, though, because my husband's isn't like that at all.

Mine is also very difficult to operate. I have yet to be able to close it completely by myself, despite waxing the zipper after every use. I can open it by myself OK.

Oh, I've tried several different waxes, and I've been absolutely meticulous about thoroughly rinsing the zipper after every use to prevent salt buildup. It's just always been stiff. I can't close it myself (a big disappointment for me) and it's VERY difficult to get open. The underflaps are fraying already as well. But as I said, it seems to be an individual zipper thing, because my husband's isn't like that at all.

Oh, I've tried several different waxes, and I've been absolutely meticulous about thoroughly rinsing the zipper after every use to prevent salt buildup. It's just always been stiff. I can't close it myself (a big disappointment for me) and it's VERY difficult to get open. The underflaps are fraying already as well. But as I said, it seems to be an individual zipper thing, because my husband's isn't like that at all.

Call your dealer....Warranty:wink:.....Or wait until your not using it as much, then send it in

TSandM, I think Mike is rite about talking to your dealer about this as a warranty issue. The zip on mine just glides open & closed like silk. OK, slight exaggeration, but it really is smooth & easy.

I have a wyrd problem, my suit is cursed. The week mine arrived we went from months of glassy seas with 30 - 40mt viz to the longest non stop series of gales & high seas that I can remember. Come to think about it, my suit came via Illinois. Are curses covered under warranty.

TSandM, I think Mike is rite about talking to your dealer about this as a warranty issue. The zip on mine just glides open & closed like silk. OK, slight exaggeration, but it really is smooth & easy.

I have a wyrd problem, my suit is cursed. The week mine arrived we went from months of glassy seas with 30 - 40mt viz to the longest non stop series of gales & high seas that I can remember. Come to think about it, my suit came via Illinois. Are curses covered under warranty.

LOL.....Yes they are....You have a $60 credit still on your account, how bout I add $20 when you place the order :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom