RG2000 Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I couldnt remember how long ago, but I knew they did do it for a while- Same point though- Why buy an off brand or no name reg.

cheaper?

how different can regs be that use the same parts and are manufactured by the same
people?

JPBECK:
Well I couldnt remember how long ago, but I knew they did do it for a while- Same point though- Why buy an off brand or no name reg.

These two situations are different. Apeks was sold UNDER the Zeagle name for a few years. Thats it.

This company in Taiwan is making regs for numerous other companies, and just rebadging them with whatever they want.

Apeks is a well known company that makes a good product. This "no-name" company in Taiwan that is making the DR regs and others is a mystery. A customer does not who they are, what the name of the company is, or anything about them.

I really dont know why these two issues are being compared. This thread was about the Sea ELite reg and the DR. Yes, I believe they are the EXACT same reg. No difference, except the name on the sticker... To make a proper comparison is to compare a Zeagle era Apeks Tech 50D with an Aqualung era Apeks Tech 50D. They are the exact same reg, use the exact same service kit, manufactured in the exact same building, and were assembled in the exact same manner, and tested in the exact same manner. The only difference is the little sticker on the front of the reg. THEY are the same reg. I dont see any difference...

So, if you want to buy a POS reg, you might as well pay as little as possible for it...

exactly... the issue is, do you want to buy a POS reg at all...

H2Andy:
exactly... the issue is, do you want to buy a POS reg at all...

Thank you!!! Thats the point I was trying to make this whole thread!!!

I dont know why anyone would buy a POS reg...
Its life support equipment!!!

I am with you all the way I dont see where the controversy is - My statement was just that Apex used to make the Zeagle Tec50d---thats all- and now the No-name brand looks like the Apex- Someone that does not know better might think that it is the same as the Apex- thats all--

I agree- and I say again how much is your life worth- whay would you buy a crappy life support system!

I think IST made the no name brand of Dive Rite is that correct? Did they go under last month with Parkway?

JPBECK:
I am with you all the way I dont see where the controversy is - My statement was just that Apex used to make the Zeagle Tec50d---thats all- and now the No-name brand looks like the Apex- Someone that does not know better might think that it is the same as the Apex- thats all--

No, the more accurate statement would be that the OLD Zeagle Tech 50D is an APeks reg.
ALso, about the no-name brand being Apeks, there were already a few threads on that issue as well. Anyone who has actually seen one of those regs, and compared it to an Apeks reg (internal components) would never make that statement. I never even thought they LOOKED like Apeks regs, I think that is insulting to Apeks regs...

JPBECK:
IST makes Cochran regs aswell..

Well, that explains alot. They are both POS regs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom