Robert Couvillon (Couv)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I knew this day was coming, so sad it came so quickly. Robert was a good friend, over the years we have done many "deals" I was his reg guy and he my O ring guy. He was a lovely, kind intelligent man. Damn. We were in contact a week ago, was just thinking yesterday I must send him a Christmas email. What a massive massive loss. He was always positive and I know his faith gave him strength. I will miss him a lot a lot a lot.

Many condolences to his family and friends.

Robert, thank you for everything over the years, you are a wonderful man, I learnt a lot from you and not just about regs. Go in peace my friend. SB will not be the same without you. Nothing but love🙏🏼

Sad news. He was always helpful.

Robert Couvillon was a good friend and dive buddy. He was a joy to be around and always fun with some sort of escapade planned. He loved to trade BAMs (Big Ass Margarita credits) for small favors or regulator parts. I am happy to say my wife (M.C., his third cousin) treated him to several on our last trip together to Bonaire just this fall. We also got to meet his wonderful wife Julie.

Robert gave me a CE 156 for only a coupe of BAMs while we were in Bonaire, well, it was "very, very expensive and worth every penny" as he would say. Thank you Robert. Thank you for the regulators, thank you for being our dive buddy and a fine friend. And he is a superb diver. Love you Robert.

James

I had the honor of instructing Robert for his self-reliant course. He was also a treat to have onboard a Red Sea liveaboard with us. He was very funny relating how he had to get a kitchen pass from his wife to be gone for two weeks. He was the best.

RIP Couv. I greatly enjoyed our discussions in the occasional vintage diving Zoom meetings I participated in with you. I also remember the long discussions we had at Bob Evans Restaurant in Silver Springs, Florida. You are missed. Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom