Robert Couvillon (Couv)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Couvillon was a good friend and dive buddy. He was a joy to be around and always fun with some sort of escapade planned. He loved to trade BAMs (Big Ass Margartitta credits) for small favors or regulator parts. I am happy to say my wife (M.C., his third cousin) treated him to several on our last trip together to Bonaire just this fall. We also got to meet his wonderful wife Julie.

Robert gave me a CE 156 for only a coupe of BAMs while we were in Bonaire, well, it was "very, very expensive and worth every penny" as he would say. Thank you Robert. Thank you for the regulators, thank you for being our dive buddy and a fine friend. And he is a superb diver. Love you Robert.

James
Robert told me of his wee snorkelling outing and said it was most fun.

My condolences to Robert's family and friends. Robert and I exchanged messages with increasing frequency over the past couple of years, as I have been working with a company headquartered near where he lived. A very generous man, he provided both me and the ScubaBoard community a wealth of time, information, and a true sense of comradery. He confided in me that his health had taken a downturn a bunch of months ago but asked that I keep that information private. His passing, though a sad loss to the community, means that he is no longer struggling with health issues and is finally at peace.

-Z

No way, Couv understood me, a bit.

Okay I'm selfish

Grief is selfish but I'll share mine with everyone here.

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un

I've uttered that too many times this year.

No way, Couv understood me, a bit.

Okay I'm selfish
Robert was one of the most non judgemental and accepting people I've ever met. Robert took people on face value. He would help anyone anytime.

I know that I am poorer for not having the occasion to interact much with him directly, but I learned greatly from his expressed knowledge here.

I've reached the point this year where my expression of sorrow seems be becoming an inchoate existential moan. The best I can say is 'I hope he finds everlasting peace and joy blowing bubbles!"

OMG. Heartbroken. I was not among the fortunate that knew Robert beyond SB but I would not be the same diver without his DIY knowledge over the years. And his kindness and willingness to help a lost DIY’er. He probably has two of the most referenced posts on SB.

I think Buddhasummer summed it up well…

What a massive massive loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom