Robert Couvillon (Couv)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sad news indeed. Da board will be a smaller place.

Robert and I exchanged a few messages. In the last, I finally asked him about his location "13th Floor of the Ivory Tower." Considering I am in "the ivory tower of academia" the coincidence was humorous.

Robert Blaise Couvillon

February 3, 1954 - December 22, 2022

Someone just send me this article. I never heard this story, but I am not surprised. This is just like Robert.

Take a look at page 16 on this link.

1986louisianaguardv01n10_Page_16.jpg

I am very sad to share this news. Robert Couvillon passed away peaceful this afternoon, after an illness.

He will be missed by many here. Deepest condolences to his family and friends.
What sad news. I just happen to have been fortunate enough to fall into this amazing group of divers that Robert was part of. I consider myself very lucky that I get to participate and enjoy these group dive trips where safety is important, skills are sharpened, and the experience is cherished both in and out of the water. Truly a pleasure to participate in a dive trip which you enjoy who you're with and can trust them with your life! Robert was my dive buddy on the last group trip I attended, no pressure! But Robert had lots of experience, calmness, and was sincere about helping one improve. Robert would explain his take on something and sometimes a group discussion would ensue (too much line on your reel!), his point being made following a practical demonstration (and later a reference to a SB post). My sympathies to Julie, their family, Roberts friends, especially my dive friends who knew him well.

He is survived by Miss Julie and their two sons and another son by a previous marriage. His funeral is on 1/2. I've been trying very hard to not bother Miss Julie, but I will try to get more info about his funeral. I have forwarded a link to l
Luis's post to her and she will read it when she's stronger.
Funeral is here: Funeral Mass for Robert Couvillon
Miss Julie sent the link to all his email contacts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom