Rough Treatment of Rental Gear - what's normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outlaw14:
Good points. I was actually more worried about the regulator being tossed into the pile than the BC, just seems like a reg would have more things that could go wrong with a rough toss. I will share our concerns more quickly going forward.

Lauren

If it were me, BC tossing would warrant a good talking to and warning of potential termination.

Regulator tossing would probably involve a serious beating about the head and shoulder with the tossed reg. Just kidding.

Pitching a reg would be grounds for immediate (if not sooner) termination. I don't care if it's my reg, rental reg or what. Not acceptable at all.

Got a response from the dive shop owner/manager? who did ask for more details and acknowledged that this was not acceptable treatment. A copy of my note was distributed to each employee according to them. They also asked if we knew who had done this. All my buddy could do was provide a description (it should have been obvious from the physical description she gave) and the owner/manager responded that nobody had fessed up to the act. Nonetheless I suspect the staff there got a refresher on how to treat equipment. I guess that this case is closed :)

Thanks for all your helpful advice.

Lauren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom