routing 7' hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am using a standard bcd and will be for a while. thanks for the help. i will either tuck the hose into the cumberbun or clip it to a d-ring.

What I do with my BP&W that you could do with your jacket BC is add some bungee loops down your right side. Make them big enough to fold your hose over and slip through each bungee loop. I have used this configuration a couple of times now since I got my new wing and it works really good. Hope this helps.

i am using a standard bcd and will be for a while. thanks for the help. i will either tuck the hose into the cumberbun or clip it to a d-ring.

Don't you think that clipping the hose to a D-ring will negatively affect deployment of the longhose for air sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Don't you think that clipping the hose to a D-ring will negatively affect deployment of the longhose for air sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

not really. there will still be 3-4ft of hose loose after the clip. and it will be easy to unclip in an ooa situtation to get a little more slack. thats my thought on it anyway. i will play with a few different ways to secure it once i get in the water

Part of the reason for routing the longhose down under the arm, across the chest and around the neck is ease and speed of deployment.

[video=youtube;22nkAEqglA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22nkAEqglA4[/video]

While I agree that there is more than one way to skin a (very wet) cat, I think clipping your longhose to a D-ring is a less than optimal solution. Tuck it in your belt, sure. Or perhaps use something similar to the octo keepers that allow the hose to come loose with a tug?

Clipping it entirely defeats the purpose of using a long hose.

I used to tuck it under one of my pockets on my bcd and pull it tight. It stayed most of the time. My old bcd also had a quick release clip in addition to the cumber bun, and I would put a knife/shears on that and then hook it under.

If you have a D-ring available, you could also zip tie a PVC tube to it and then route under that. That way you don't have to unclip the hose and the PVC doesn't get a lot of stress on it. This is basically like using that fake plastic can light that was posted above.

i put on the bc and threw the regs over my shoulder and it seems that i can tuck the long hose either under the cumber bun or between it and the outer strap and it should work well without a clip. but even with clipping it how i was thinking i don't believe it would have been much of an issue. although maybe not optimal. the 3-4 feet of slack would have been plenty to get to the diver needing the reg. and then once they had it and was breathing off of it theres plenty of time to unclip the hose for more room to maneuver. either way thanks for all of the tips

i put on the bc and threw the regs over my shoulder and it seems that i can tuck the long hose either under the cumber bun or between it and the outer strap and it should work well without a clip. but even with clipping it how i was thinking i don't believe it would have been much of an issue. although maybe not optimal. the 3-4 feet of slack would have been plenty to get to the diver needing the reg. and then once they had it and was breathing off of it theres plenty of time to unclip the hose for more room to maneuver. either way thanks for all of the tips

You're going to kill someone and possibly DIE yourself as a result....

Back
Top Bottom