routing 7' hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're going to kill someone and possibly DIE yourself as a result....

How so?

Safety Drill (S-Drill) - Scuba - YouTube
Step 1, remove reg and donate it to OOA person
Step 2, go to back up
Step 3 when both are breathing go to step 4
Step 4, extend entire hose length.

Only difference between this and and "octo" is you only get 3'-4" of length in the first place. With a 7' hose, once both are breathing, he now has the option to to let out more hose.

I run a 7' hose without a can on the right hip or anything. Don't really run into entanglement problems still :|

Or you could just go out and buy a 5 foot hose and then the problem solves itself. I just route my 5 foot hose exactly like the 7 footer pictured on page 1 but I don't need to tuck it anywhere. Out of the way, long enough for reasonable use in rec dives (I don't do any tech dives) and still longer than a traditional hose. It only cost about $30 I think for the 5 foot hose. Then you also have the benefit of a "spare" hose if something happens in the future.

finally got to test out the new regs this weekend on my OW cert dives. however i didn't get to use the long hose as the instructor and 2 others from the LDS insisted that the short hose was to be the primary and the long hose is the backup. and also the long hose routing won't work with their way of doing reg retrieval etc. so i just used the short hose. but the regs breathe great. only issue i had was losing the din oring between day 1 and 2.

finally got to test out the new regs this weekend on my OW cert dives. however i didn't get to use the long hose as the instructor and 2 others from the LDS insisted that the short hose was to be the primary and the long hose is the backup. and also the long hose routing won't work with their way of doing reg retrieval etc. so i just used the short hose. but the regs breathe great. only issue i had was losing the din oring between day 1 and 2.

Wow!.....just...wow!
It's so awesome when there are so many "unique" configurations. Random crap, just for the sake of being unique and special.

On a serious note: I would recommend doing your class, in the standard recreational rig (donate the octo).

Then, after you class, try and find someone that correctly dives a long hose set up, and ask them to go diving...perhaps they can give you a proper demonstration. It really becomes much more clear when it is demonstrated for you.

Not to bash your instructors.....they obviously don't know, and gave you incorrect information.....there really is a lot of bad information out there......such as, "the hose get's wrapped around you neck." Always entertaining to hear that one. :D

They should have just told you that they would prefer their students be in the standard recreational rig.

Anyway....moving on.

Just finish up your course, and progress onward from there. When the time comes, consider WHY you want to use a long hose configuration, and go forward with that in mind.

Enjoy your class.

Thanks. I finished my OW dives yesterday so i'm done with the class

---------- Post added December 30th, 2013 at 05:17 PM ----------

Ignorant instructors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 were instructors, 1 of which said to have done cave diving. And the other was the co-owner of the shop

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom