routing 7' hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

actually for the ow dives i was told to just put the long hose reg in my bc pocket and use my air source as a backup. which i plan on ditching the airsource for a normal inflator which i already have. but i need a new corrogated hose for it before i can make the switch
Umm that wouldn't really work in an airshare unless you were literally hugging each other on ascent

Actually reg retrieval with any hose is easy. Instructors make it hard. You lose your primary for some reason you pop in the octo that you know where it's located and leisurely find the primary. I have gotten away from the sweep reach and grab bs with my students. The idea is to get a working reg in. with a bungeed octo itNs even easier. You always know where it is. Pop it in your mouth and then find the primary. And lastly if someone comes to me with a new configuration they plan to use I don't make them conform to my way. I work with them to make sure they can use the one they have. That's education. For them and for me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I am not sure "instructors make it hard" is necessarily accurate. Saying something like "some of the standards agencies apply to the skill makes it harder" may be more accurate.

The rest I completely agree with!

If I am not using a can light, I have clipped the hose off to my right hip ring but utilize a break away (snorkel keeper) as the link between the bolt snap and the d-ring. Hardly a life threatening configuration....... and it holds the hose nicely. YMMV.

If no can light I either move a spool over to my right hip d-ring to loop it under or just tuck the hose under the webbing down there - it stays just fine and is still easy to deploy.

A buddy of mine routes the hose over his right shoulder, then tucks the hose down under the webbing around his waist, then back up and around his neck.

You did well to listen to your instructors instead of some of the netsperts on here who would be better off increasing their diving score instead of their posting score in order to know what they're talking about.

You think he did better, by listening to Instructors that gave him incorrect information?:confused:

---------- Post added December 31st, 2013 at 12:32 PM ----------

besides that, it is also a good indicator of who I don't want to dive with unless you're in a cave or real wreck. :D

That attitude is actually an added benefit for those of us that dive a long hose configuration.
A nice feature indeed. It's included free with every 7' hose purchase.:wink:

---------- Post added December 31st, 2013 at 12:38 PM ----------

Come on, Man!

That video is showing a guy that is just trying to look the part. There's no place in regular open water diving for that gear setup.

Look at all that drag!
All of those snag points!!

A lot of people are never going to dive with that guy!.....not with THAT equipment configuration! No way!

:wink:

I am taking that as sarcasm.

Me in Bonarie 3 weeks ago. I do the same in DS, only I have doubles on. Long hose and DIN mounts even.

It was indeed sarcasm; in reference to a post on page#4 that was erroneously critical of the long hose configuration. :)

I agree. That one configuration works very well for everything.

I love that picture!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom