Rumor: Scubapro Mk17 to be discontinued soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just about to invest in an MK17 G260 set for silty conditions, having second thoughts after reading about the demise of the MK17, should I "upgrade" my choice to an MK19 or be glad to be able to get my hands on an MK17 EVO?
Just an update, so I took the plunge with the MK19 G260, great setup, excellent hose routing with the swivel mounted up, now I just need to move the transmitter onto a short hose to avoid the dreaded mishandling by the boat crew. BTW, I was told by my LDS that the MK17 is not being discontinued by SP, they asked that exact question at the product demonstration for the MK19.

FWIW, you got what you asked for.... Folks were constantly requesting the 19. With that, there are consequences.

I think I have enough kits to finish my diving days with my 17's....
Service kit for 17 and 19 is the same.

I think I have enough kits to finish my diving days with my 17's....

I wish you many more decades of diving not just "days" all in good health, prosperity, peace and awesome diving Insha-Allah.

Service kit for 17 and 19 is the same.
can you share who has MK17 kits available for sale?

My friend owns a dive shop and told me the service kits are the same.
Scubagaskets also lists the same part number for both.

can you share who has MK17 kits available for sale?
You missed a recent opportunity. Not sure it is going to happen anymore as folks have become "problematic" with the person who was coordinating the order. You might just have to deal with the big auction site if they have them, and I see none there...

BTW, I was told by my LDS that the MK17 is not being discontinued by SP, they asked that exact question at the product demonstration for the MK19.
Who appears to have provided you bad information. The press release upthread which, IIRC, used the term "replaces" as well as the model now NLA in catalogs seems to tell a whole different story....

Back
Top Bottom