Save-a-dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AAA card.

Used it last week between dives - when I locked in my keys - to get my truck opened back up so I could get to tank #2. Another reason, I guess, for recreational divers to go to doubles: If you lock your keys in your car, you can still make dive #2.:wink:

I learned that the thing for putting air in a tire is called an "air chuck."

Based on some other posts, I'm putting an old cell phone in my kit. It will still dial 911. I like the idea of a spare car key and will adopt it, too.

It's to get those stubborn blown O-rings.

Snorkel keeper has been recently lent to a buddy as an octo holder.

I guess there are a couple of items that I will be adding...dental pick and OW card now goes in the save-a-dive. Aow is in the wallet. One thing that I carry and haven't seen on this thread is a film container with quarters in it. I haven't used them as of yet but if the money is low then I still have a couple $$ in change. Also if the cell phone doesn't work but there is a pay phone near I can still make a call.

I also keep a few extra dollars and a spare car key in a waterproof container. You don't know how many times someone has put there car keys and car alarm fob in there dry suit and it has taken a dive with them. Myself included.

I know it's obvious and the first thing everyone thinks of, but those darn, little O rings have saved more dives for me than the rest of the more elaborate things we all carry.
Just last month my 1st stage was leaking air from one of the hose connections (took me most of the ride out to the site to find that one-everyone kept saying it was the reg/tank connection, which it wasn't.) Used a wrench to take off the hose, replaced the O ring (obviously a smaller one than the tank O ring we're all familiar with) and saved the 2 tank day.

Otterbox 3500 containing:
Antacid
Band-Aids
Batteries (for each of 3 computers and transmitters)
Bungee, 2 meters
Christolube
Computer case wrench
Computer reference cards
Computer strap
Contact case
Contact solution
Contact spares (for each diver)
Dimenhydrinate
Duct tape
Fin buckle
Fin strap