Save-a-dive Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK quarters for a "pay phone"??? Do they still exist? lol ,and if so do they still take quarters?
Rick, tomorrow, I want you to stop by an auto parts store, ask for a "hide a key", buy one for each of your vehicles. Send me the bill

mstevens:
Otterbox 3500 containing:
Antacid
Band-Aids
Batteries (for each of 3 computers and transmitters)
Bungee, 2 meters
Christolube
Computer case wrench
Computer reference cards
Computer strap
Contact case
Contact solution
Contact spares (for each diver)
Dimenhydrinate
Duct tape
Fin buckle
Fin strap
Mask buckle
Mask defog
Mask strap
Meclizine
Naproxen
Neosporin ointment
O-rings
Pseudoephedrine
Regulator mouthpiece
Regulator port plugs
Scuba multitool
Shock cord, 2 meters
Spring bar tool
Spring bars (for watches and computers)
Tweezers
Watch strap, NATO
Zip ties

Originally Posted by mack50md
Fin strap
Mask strap
Snorkel Keeper
Mouthpiece
O-rings
Dental pic
6" adjustable wrench
2 Tie-wraps
Port plugs
Allen wrenches for port plugs
Duct tape wrapped on a small pencil (old scout trick)
Carabiners, SS Snaps, Quick-buckles
35mm film canister w/ sun screen
Small tube Aquaseal
Hand rag
Pocket knife
6" Bungie
Glow stick
Bonine

Stowed in a small clear plastic fishing lure box w/dividers

I don't bring anything except money, so if I need anything I can just buy it from someone (else) with obsessive compulsive disorder (mine is not of the "planning" variety, and I prefer to buy anything I need, lest I be viewed as a leech)...lol...I must be lucky (or something), because in all of my years in diving, I have never needed anything other than my very basic (and easy to carry) equipment set-up or, if I did, it was something I could do without....

Always carry a change when I dive. Never know when you will see a vending machine at depth and need a coke

cowboyneal:
I don't bring anything except money, so if I need anything I can just buy it from someone (else) with obsessive compulsive disorder

I hate carrying junk I don't need. My absolute limit is the size of the box, which is pretty small. Actually, the last box broke so we got a somewhat smaller one to replace it. Everything is in there after having been needed it on at least one dive (in the case of things that led to a dive's being called), but usually more than one (in the case of convenience or comfort items) before it's added. Some are usually available at destinations (OTC meds, Band-Aids) but aren't much use if they're not on the boat when needed. Others I'd never expect to find in the field (the wrench for my computer battery compartment, specific computer batteries). If I travelled alone, the kit would probably be a bit smaller.

Don't get me started on what's in my first aid kit. It's been growing steadily for years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom