Save Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoot, I wouldn't mind doing cleanup dives all the time if it results in us getting free dive passes. I think it is a pretty fair trade. You are right about not making more than a dent though. But we made a difference. That's all that matters.

I was there and I had more fun doing the cleanup dive than diving the park itself . I feel that people that were there did it because they care about the future of the water ways. Not for a free dive trip I mean I thank Ginnie Springs. for the dive and all but me personally I want to think thats why we all there. I met some realy good people doing this and hope to do this kind of work (fun) again soon . thanks for including Keith and I (John)

Don't worry, classes will be back in session in about a month and those damn college kids with their marijuana and their wild sex and their ROCK MUSIC will be back to destroy everything decent, red-blooded, hard working Americans love.

return to water:
I was there and I had more fun doing the cleanup dive than diving the park itself . I feel that people that were there did it because they care about the future of the water ways. Not for a free dive trip I mean I thank Ginnie Springs. for the dive and all but me personally I want to think thats why we all there. I met some realy good people doing this and hope to do this kind of work (fun) again soon . thanks for including Keith and I (John)

Sorry if I sounded like I did it for the free pass. I meant to say that it was a nice gesture.

scubafire:
.....although I did see a bunch of Mexicans with spanish music blaring...

Those would be the lookouts for the Columbian River Otter Brigade. They were just making sure you weren't after their stash downriver. We've had many bad encounters with the rabid river otters.

I'm glad everything turned out well. My ribs still hurt every time I take a deep breath from the heaving and chucking last week. My ribs feel like Scubafool ran over them in his pickup. I will discuss with Ginnie abou having more cleanups if they will sponsor them. I also have wanted to take a LOT of pix of the trash down there. If we make posters showing how bad it is, we might stop at least one person from throwing garbage down there.

I am off work during the minisport lobster season. If my attempts to join a boat for that week fail, I may plan a Glassfish or Tinfish roundup for that weekend. This would be the week(end) of July 26-28th. (end of next week)

Everyone who showed up did take a genuine interest in cleaning up the river and I don't think anyone did it for the free pass.

Thank god I can still enjoy the rock music and wild sex......................I do miss the marijuana though but that's what being a government employee will do for you:)

Let me just say this. There were 15 volunteers. 2 Volunteers didn't get in the water at the river to help with the cleanup. We have their names but I won't post them. And they won't be allowed to participate in any future clean ups. There were also two volunteers (open water divers) that picked up a handful of cans, never left the Ginnie Springs run, then spent the rest of the day enjoying their free pass and airfills.

However, the volunteers who stayed to finish the work, Ginnie Springs rewarded them with something very nice at the end of the day. So, the volunteers who bailed lost out.

Thank you divers (you know who you are), for devoting a few hours of your day to keeping Florida beautiful.

scubafire:
Yeah thats probably true.....although I did see a bunch of Mexicans with spanish music blaring...kind of a switch from the norm.
Gosh Darn Mexicans!!! Why didn't you tell them to swim back across the Rio Grande, and take a **** college hooligan with them!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom