SB Invade the Rock '09 - Fish Rock that is....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
ok, Shelia (BowlofPetunias) had a FANTASTIC IDEA!!

the yanks have their Invade the Keys in florida each year so why cant we join in the fun and have a dive week at Fish Rock/South West Rocks (about 5hrs north from sydney)

Home - Fish Rock Dive Centre at South West Rocks

famous for Fish Rock cave,
cave-cross-section.jpg
[/QUOTE]

when shelia gets a few mins of spare time she said she will contact the local dive operator on what is the better time to go up there. i like the sound of this operator as he provides a mid week dive package, http://www.fishrock.com.au/dive-prices.html
$545 per person
8 boat dives
5 nights accommodation
free air
the accomodation is at the Costa Rica motel with facilities like bbq, swimming pool ect so the non diving partners can join in and motel rooms provide privacy for some time out & home comforts

personally im in finance so end of month, end of quarter, end of FBT (march), end of tax year (june), end of financial year (sept) & audits (October) is a big thing for me :lotsalove:

so lets have this thread to kick our ideas, dates ect.....

Count me in! Any month in, oh, 8 to 10 years time is fine by me :)

dont be silly Tassie... the baby will be born by then so mum & bub can join you. they can hang out by the pool while youre diving

you can even wear your drysuit!

Cool - I can't wait to get my dry suit out again! The poor thing has been stored away for 8 months now. Can we please make sure we go at the coldest time of the year so the tasmanians/victorians feel at home?

BTW Steve: which tassie shop or club is putting together the fish rock trip?

Like the idea ... I think we should go in the warmer months so the non diving memebers are able to go swimming if they want.

It also needs to be away from school holidays as Almity wife mentioned to me before she posted this thread.

As far as time ... we can go anytime ...

I can go most times of the year, but July is bad for me as I am off to PNG (my first diving trip overseas :bounce: :)). Would need to give a couple of months notice at work, that is all.

My partner is interested too, gotta do a bit more convincing but I think I can manage :D I will still come though regardless (he tends to only like very cold places to travel too :rofl3:) I prefer cooler rather than warmer with travel too (so autumn?) but not really fussed if others prefer summer instead - I will bring lots of sunscreen :cool2:

Price seems very reasonable!

edit: july not june for PNG :)

I would do fish rock tomorrow if i wasn't bent
It's one of the dives that i am definately planning to do. I dunno about meeting people from the internet though, i may wake up in a bathtub of ice missing a kidney!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom