SB Invade the Rock '09 - Fish Rock that is....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:clapping::cheerleader:Brilliant job Sas..... brings back wonderful memories.... we have to do that again....
you said Chilled and you will be coming back to do Fishrock.... let us know and maybe we can join the fun...:cheers:

Yes I want to for sure. I am looking at around the same time next year? Also my buddy Michael (who often dives with Margaret) is very keen to come along as well.

I gotta learn how to set up a video link like that! The music was perfect as well!:cool3:

What you do is you get the last bit of the youtube link (the bolded bit) "youtube.com/watch?v=qXIRkaK6M08

and you put YT tags around it. I.e.

(yt)qXIRkaK6M08(/yt) - however swap the () brackets for [] brackets :) Hope that helps.

Anyway, thanks for the nice comments guys about my video. I made it in "Windows Movie Maker" as that is the only editing software available to me. I think I will try to make some more videos now that I've had a go at it, for local diving. :)

Cool to see some more shots from Almity1 + petunia! Can't wait to get Jon's dvd either.

augk:
how do you keep your REG in your mouth and not drown because I just watched your video with my jaw dropped wide open or else i would use up my air supply from excitement in like ten minutes.

:rofl3: Yea they were pretty exciting dives. My old computer used to have a warning that came on when I was breathing harder but I had to spend ages looking up in the manual how to turn it off as everyone would point out that it beeped whenever I saw something cool :blush:

:D great pics A1, great vid sas ....

hmm ... an annual event .... not sure if that would be fair to the other aussies who have to travel long distances to get there, but who knows ... it is a democracy so you never know what will be voted for.

Anyway ... I am sure we could arrange a special invasion for os visitors ... :):)

Thanks Mate

Unfortunately no matter what place you choose, people are going have to travel.

Everyone has to travel to the Keys in the states.

Rather than location, maybe look at it in terms of time travelled.

I think, if the time travelled is on average about 8 - 12, that is a day in total, maybe, is where we choose the next location.

But I vote for SW Rocks again and maybe have as an annual event, like the Invade the Keys.

Or we invade Vanuatu hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Thanks Mate

Unfortunately no matter what place you choose, people are going have to travel.

Everyone has to travel to the Keys in the states.

Rather than location, maybe look at it in terms of time travelled.

I think, if the time travelled is on average about 8 - 12, that is a day in total, maybe, is where we choose the next location.

But I vote for SW Rocks again and maybe have as an annual event, like the Invade the Keys.

Or we invade Vanuatu hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

:blinking:I like the idea of having the Invade the Rock every year... it is an awesome dive location with lots of options it is a place many people hear about and want to dive both from here and overseas... the facilities are great and convenient... Jon is happy to accommodate people's diving on skill and interests and as you say ITK is always the Keys because there is such good diving...

We could have Aussie Invasion... Second Wave trips when and where interest is expressed:D

Last edited:
I like the idea of doing the rock again. This time with a fully functional camera... :D

Alternatively we move the location around so everyone gets disadvantaged equally (ie Ningaloo one year for our WA crowd, VIC or Tassie then next year). Fiji and Vanutau sound good as well...

Will post a few photos soon.

Cheers,
Rohan.

I guess it's the social get together as much as the location, so as long as the diving is good it wouldn't matter where it was, to me. I think Tassie_Rohan's idea of moving it around could work, but imho I think it would need to be a fixed date so plans can be made well ahead; the location and probable diving conditions would need to be considered in that case.

NZ and I would be prepared to travel as long as we had plenty of notice :)

Comments from a non-attender ...I think that until you've had it there at least couple of times and it's a fun dive spot, with good accomodations, you should keep the spot and give plenty of advance notice as to when so as many as possable can attend .. as long as the diving doesnt suck, it's as much about the get together as it is the diving

Just going through my shots now....

Sas and Aardvark
00_turtle_P3050032aa-copy.jpg

The cave
00_cave_P3030040bb.jpg

Aardvark and the DM
00_advark_P3030071bb.jpg

Things

00_goatfish_P3030117bb-copy.jpg

00_ghostpipe_P3050015bb.jpg

00_occy_P3050042bb.jpg

That should do for now...