SC divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof, How is the vis in the Savannah River and Thurmond. Its not too great on Murray here in Cola.

We usually have better vis than Murray. We have about 10-15' in the lake and river at present. It just cold right now (43-44 degrees in the river yesterday).

Hey All,

Cool thread, thanks for posting it.

My name is Mike Walsh. I live in Bluffton, SC and often dive in Florida and the Carribean. I'm interested in doing some more local diving.

I'm actually going to be in Myrtle on Feb 11-13 and would love to sneak in a dive if I can. Just bought a new Pinnacle 7 Mil Merino and can't wait to get it wet:D

Good to meet you all!

Mike

Hi, I'm Art and I live a little north of you upstate folks in Hendersonville. I got my AOW in 1982, then took about a 20 hiatus then got recertified AOW this past summer at Jocassee. I love diving the ramp and I'm going to the Hot Hole for the first time tomorrow. I got back from Key West in January were I got to dive the Vandenberg...wow that was cool!

Hi, I'm Art and I live a little north of you upstate folks in Hendersonville. I got my AOW in 1982, then took about a 20 hiatus then got recertified AOW this past summer at Jocassee. I love diving the ramp and I'm going to the Hot Hole for the first time tomorrow. I got back from Key West in January were I got to dive the Vandenberg...wow that was cool!

Nice to have you on the board, Art.

Are you diving with Reese at the Hot Hole tomorrow? I will be diving Jocassee on Sunday.

I love hanging out in Hendersonville. Good food and good hiking...good times.

The hot hole was a blast saturday morning, all vents were running at least 75% and one was bumped up to 100% after the 1st and 2nd run thru the field. running hard enough to rip my mask off at the end of the pad on the line. 2 and a half hours playing!!!

Hey folks, I'm Alex. I live close to Little River, but on the other side of the border in NC. I've done most of my dives in Wilmington, and going down to dive the Sherman on the 19th. I didn't see a thread for NC divers, but hey I'm so close to the line I mind as well be in SC. Alway's down for a good dive, working towards rescue diver now. Already Nitrox and AOW, if anybody wants to get together for a dive let me know.

Hi my name is Ken I live in The Atlanta area . I do a lot of diving at Jocassee. Have been diving for 2 years. Nice to see all the divers that like to dive Jocasse . Like the ramp area and the wall . Can't wait to see you all there

Hey All,

I'm interested in doing some more local diving.

Good to meet you all!

Mike

Hello Mike....

I started diving in Morehead NC. I now live in Charleston SC and I personally feel we have LOTS of good local diving in and around this part of the country. I love the blue water but I am also a black water/fossil diver so you have to take that into consideration. Other than Florida diving, here are some of the local sites I hope to hit this season.

Offshore Wilmington Megalodon ledge
Shipwreck offshore Murrells Inlet
Offshore Charleston fossil ledge
Wando River fossil beds
Cooper river fossils and artifacts
Edisto river fossils

If you can find a boat we also have Grays Reef which is the birthing ground of the Right Whales

Check out these items I found offshore South Carolina last season:

Fossilized Scallop

Lightning Albino Welk

A little slow in replying....I dove with OTW/Jocassee Dive Center. I had a blast at the hot hole, and enjoyed meeting new folks as well! @soundman...were you with Reese? If you were, I was sitting off to the side while Reese's boat loaded up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom