Scallop Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonne Bay diving does seem interesting. When I was there I heard of a nice wall dive at shag cliff across from the marine center. You would need a boat but I'm sure there are some awesome dive sites there that need further exploring. BTW- does anyone know if there's going to be a recreational cod fishery again this year?

Trevor what part of the island are you from? if your putting a list together for some exploring put me on it. i was home for a bit in January, took the boat out to seal island did some exploring around there and some fresh water dives, solo unfortunitly because i have noone in the area that dives. I plan to be back on the rock very soon.

DivetheRock you need to get a forum on Divetherock.com and try to attract some newfoundland divers to it.

Thought about it in the beginning, but it would be way too much work (maintenance). Plus have you ever checked out Ocean Quest's forum? There's more activity in a graveyard. Not OQ's fault, of course. There's just a simple lack of interest, it seems, locally to participate in anything of that nature. I think this forum it excellent - we get to learn a pile of stuff, plus converse with divers from around the world, and I don't have to maintain anything! :)
But, I do add names to my site (such as your's) if anyone's interested.
BTW, I haven't been in salt water since Dec., and that dive I called off. I haven't been adding pics to my site, consequently. I hope to dive soon, though.

I live in Pasadena. I don't want to go into alot of effort organizing a club or anything. It seems that there are a few fragmented divers in this area. If we all knew each other we could probably all dive a little more.
I dive wet so I'll be smowmobiling for a month or so... Diving will have to wait a little longer.

Trev, did i dive with you one day down in Frenchman's cove with Darrel wheeler???

Brand0n:
Trev, did i dive with you one day down in Frenchman's cove with Darrel wheeler???
Yeah, that's possible. I've been to Frenchman's Cove with Darryl a few times. I went with him once while a couple of guys were doing their advanced dive at dusk one evening. But these guys were from Pasadena I think. The other dives were with Darryl and His buddy who lives in Frenchman's Cove if I remember correctly. Darryl services my equipment, I know him well.
You see what I mean about a fragmented group of divers in this area. We should organize a few events together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom