Scholarships for Dive professionals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the people on hear are consumer level that put there face in the water and go oooowwww pretty things.

:rofl3: Lol - Now you're on to us. I'd love to know what your diving credentials are, although I have a pretty good idea...

Mattleycrue76 go tell you wife her cooking stinks, Go look up PFO then go give yourself one, actually just go through the whole thing not just the center!

Mattleycrue76 go tell you wife her cooking stinks, Go look up PFO then go give yourself one, actually just go through the whole thing not just the center!

I'm sure posts like this are making a lot of people consider donations to your "scholarship". The contrast between how you perceive yourself and how you are being perceived by others is mind blowing.

I give you props for starting your website and trying to get donations.
Really? "Props" for begging? If you can tear yourself away from Grand Theft Auto for an hour you can crank out a website. It's more efficient than panhandling on the corner (I would think; please let us know how you do, Daniel.), but it doesn't require much more initiative. Back in the Carter years, when I won my scholarship, it required a record of academic excellence that spanned years. Now, apparently, putting up a website passes for initiative.

I think Barry University is doing you a disservice, Daniel. Programs like this would not exist without the subsidy of government-guaranteed or direct government funding. A simple cost-benefit analysis would preclude paying this much to prepare for a career that pays dive-industry wages, if the money came directly out of your own pocket.

Really? "Props" for begging?

That is better than the folks at intersections. He is trying to do the 'old pick up his bootstraps' thing that Republicans always rave about.

China is kicking our ass because they don't have Unions to contend with.

China is kicking our ass because they don't have Unions to contend with.

Partly true. More to the point they're working their butts off. Kinda like people used to in this country before education (and many other things) became a right.

Partly true. More to the point they're working their butts off. Kinda like people used to in this country before education (and many other things) became a right.

Wow.

Education a right? I don't know if something can be a 'right' if you're required to go until you're 16.

That is better than the folks at intersections. He is trying to do the 'old pick up his bootstraps' thing that Republicans always rave about.
I'm a Republican, and as far as I know, picking yourself up by your bootstraps entails working, not begging. But maybe the party has passed me by since the Eisenhower years. :D

Well Matleycrue anyone who knowes what a PFO is would understand what im saying. That shows a understanding of Dive science. Valdimir go tell the owner of the aggressor fleet or Nekton that a dive wages are bad. :wink: And if you would have read on it would have told you about the Maritime Archeologist part there guy. Reading fully through things helps sometimes. Glad you two are not instructors your people skills stink. Peoply like you to make workers go postal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom