scorpion fish attacks wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avic7:
Where in the seven seas does the scorpion fish live in?
They're all through the Asia Pacific region. I know there are relatives in the Atlantic but I don't know if they have actual scorpionfish. I'd guess they do.

jiveturkey:
They're all through the Asia Pacific region. I know there are relatives in the Atlantic but I don't know if they have actual scorpionfish. I'd guess they do.

Thanks, that good to know. I live on the west coast of canada, so near the pacific ocean. Guess I won't see these amazing creatures anytime soon.

Come to Hawaii (Oahu). I see them all the time. I see them on the south around Portlock Wall, the west at Kahe Pt (Electric Beach) and North Shore around Sharks Cove. I have plenty of pictures if you want. PM me and I will e-mail them to you.

Melissa

i once had a rent-a-buddy who liked to play with things, he kept picking up sea stars and just holding and stroking them like they were little kittens or something. when i ointed out a stone fish he tried to do the same!

Avic7:
Thanks, that good to know. I live on the west coast of canada, so near the pacific ocean. Guess I won't see these amazing creatures anytime soon.

Here is a picture of one that I took in Thailand:

38KohHaNueng26_03_2005.jpg

As you can see - they are very good at camoflauge! About 10 minutes after I took this shot I nearly put a finger on one reaching to a rock to steady myself to get another shot of a nudibranch. I missed the scorpion by less than an inch. Currents don't help to take good pictures!

Thanks headhunter, I realise where I am now...I think. Thanks for combining my lost threads and thanks also to all those who have replied. I appreciate all and any help.

Thus far my research has revealed a couple of hundred species which cover most oceans!

Didn't mean to tread on anyone's toes, I realise the scorpion fish doesn't attack as such.

kim, that is an absolutely gorgeous picture! wow!

Scorpionfish are in the Atlantic and the Carribean as well.

Thanks Kim, thanks cdiver2. Those are beautiful pictures. Kim's pictures of the fish looks like there is coral growing around it mouth. So neat. Does it sting people with its tail when it is disturbed?

Back
Top Bottom