Screwed Ordering Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver once bubbled...
Darryl

I agree the customer is not always right.

However, picking a side in this case is wrong. It was Dans Responsibility to inform Joey of the suit sizes and options and give there opinion on what he should fit into. It sounds like from here its a CF, so i blame both of them for not working out the details. Dan says he did go over it, well if he did i would think this Thread would not exist. So the CF in comunication is both of there faults, hence they pay half the drysuitrepair.com bill each.

Thats fare!

Andy

Its what $200 split between them. I would think Dans would have balls to cough up half. ITS $100 DOLLARS each for crying out loud. All this BS for a $100 bucks, i think dans should step up to the plate, its just good customer service.

That would be the honorable thing for Dan's to do. Do I expect it? NO. Do I want it? NO I'll take care of the alterations myself all I want from Dan is the truth about how he didn't give me all the supposed otions. Custom sizing and the like. And I want my hood that I payed for. And i'll have to chalk this up to a very very expensive learning experience.

Dude, you need to get a couple of dives in. Maybe that would calm your nerves.

Or maybe take up Origami, I hear that's a soothing stress reducer.

BTW, I hope your suit fits well when you get it back.

taat2d once bubbled...

That would be the honorable thing for Dan's to do. Do I expect it? NO. Do I want it? NO I'll take care of the alterations myself all I want from Dan is the truth about how he didn't give me all the supposed otions. Custom sizing and the like. And I want my hood that I payed for. And i'll have to chalk this up to a very very expensive learning experience.

Dan and Joey need to kiss and make up.

Joey

You may feel screwed on this purchase and tempers can flare. I do think you made the situation worse with your response to Dans post.

I think i posted a fare resolution to the problem. But unless Dans a bigger man than most i feel you ruined your chances of getting him to pay half after your comments on his posting.

$200 bucks is correct on the cost from drysuitrepair.com ?

In retrospect i think dan would have been happy to throw a $100 bucks at you to make this go away. Of cousre he would do it with a smile but he would be cussing your name under his breath.

I am however sorry you had such a crappy experience. Purchasing a DS is not EZ chore, its a shame yours went this way.

Andy

GearHead once bubbled...
Dude, you need to get a couple of dives in. Maybe that would calm your nerves.

Or maybe take up Origami, I hear that's a soothing stress reducer.

BTW, I hope your suit fits well when you get it back.

Yeah I'm sure you would have reacted in a diferent manner than I did. It's funny how everyone else not involved on the recieving end of the proverbial stick says you need a stress reliever. Give me a break. PLEASE

All Dan's had to do when I called was tell me send it back and we'll take care of it. I shouldn't have been stroked like they couldn't be bothered.

Just for the record when i got my first DS i ordered it from a LDS. I was in Dallas for a few months working and i ordered it from a LDS in Southern California, where i live. I was overcharged big time. When i came back to California a few months later i went to the shop to talk to the owner. THE SHOP WAS GONE, EMPTY, OUT OF BUSINESS. No wonder i didnt get a call back!

So if the former owner of PSI scuba is on the board just know that i still would love to kick your As* after 11 years. yip i hold a grudge!!

Andy

trymixdiver once bubbled...
Just for the record when i got my first DS i ordered it from a LDS. I was in Dallas for a few months working and i ordered it from a LDS in Southern California, where i live. I was overcharged big time. When i came back to California a few months later i went to the shop to talk to the owner. THE SHOP WAS GONE, EMPTY, OUT OF BUSINESS. No wonder i didnt get a call back!

So if the former owner of PSI scuba is on the board just know that i still would love to kick your As* after 11 years. yip i hold a grudge!!

Andy

Are you a transplanted Brooklyn Italian?? I'm the same when when someone screws me. LOL

after reading all the post and the ranting on this issue is there maybe the slightest chance that taat you were the one who made the mistake?sometimes one who rants and rants does so to deflect things away from what the real issue was.the fact the dan tried to explain themselves and they didnt have to come on here to do so..shows something as to their integrity..i have to agree with some others..theres more to this ..anyways.moderators out there i think its time to close this thread now..have a good one everybody..

taat2d once bubbled...
Are you saying that the package could be at the bottom of a large pile with packages ahead of mine?

I'm not sure if that's what dvleemin meant, but more or less what I meant. Some customs people are bent outa shape that we (Canada) didn't back the move on Iraq and are slowing people and goods down. Or if it was mailed, it may have gone astray. We mailed wedding invitations out in 2000, out of 43 sent, 3 never arrived at all, nor were they returned to us. Curious that it won't track though.

snuggle once bubbled...
after reading all the post and the ranting on this issue is there maybe the slightest chance that taat you were the one who made the mistake?sometimes one who rants and rants does so to deflect things away from what the real issue was.the fact the dan tried to explain themselves and they didnt have to come on here to do so..shows something as to their integrity..i have to agree with some others..theres more to this ..anyways.moderators out there i think its time to close this thread now..have a good one everybody..

Think what you want. I could care less. Who are you to suggest to close this thread? You don't like it don't read it or post your reply's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom