scuba.com and Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi guys,

So after reading a good stuff about scuba.com i went online and ordered my first Galileo luna with transmitter and other stuff too for my red sea trip,and after two days i got this email from them telling me that the luna is back ordered and it will be delayed for another 3 days not more than that, and then the next day they sent me another email telling me it will be delayed for another month !!!! without giving me any other solutions .. so i was like why you didn't put "out of stock" on your site ? your telling me this after you authorized me credit card ! they didn't even apologize !! there reply was you can cancel your order , choose another computer or wait for this one !! and that's it ..

i mean i had this before when i was ordering my BCD from a different website .. but they apologized and they offered another BCD which was actually more expensive that the one i chose ..

anyway it was my first time dealing with them and am sure it will be the last, they are rude and careless .. i just want to inform you guys so no one will face the same thing if your planning to get a Galileo luna ..

and please if you know another website that i can get my Galileo luna from i would really appreciate it .. :(

Thanks

Unfortunately, this seems to be a fairly common problem with them. I've ordered a few times in the past, including the order I just received today, and they almost always send me the same set of emails that you got indicating back-orders and that they are holding my shipment until everything is available. I don't recall ever seeing them send something straight away; usually takes weeks or months to arrive. I figured that they don't keep much stock on hand, preferring instead to wait until they have enough orders to make it worth their while. I have avoided purchasing from them if my needs are up against some sort of trip deadline or whatever. Learned that lesson the hard way! Anyway, if there is any upside I guess it would be that I've always gotten what seemed like "fresh" product units and never had to return anything.

While I was waiting for my last order they sent me a promo email indicating price drops on some new products. As it happened, one of the items in my yet to be shipped order was on that list, so I sent them a note asking if this price drop would be reflected in my invoicing. Interestingly, I was notified a few hours later that the order was being delayed again until the end of the month due to back-order status of one of the items. Later that same evening I suddenly got yet another email saying that my order had shipped, but sadly they went ahead and charged me the full price anyway.

I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I may not be ordering from Scuba.com in the future.

Last edited:
Good Morning everybody!

Okay, first off, let me apologize for the delays. Our site doesn't show inventory status. I know a lot do. And a lot of places have their reasons for it, but the management here has taken a different route and for the most part it works very, very well and has for a lot of years. That being said, no system is perfect and for any confusion and/or delays, I apologize. But honestly, if anybody out there could see what I see each day, the sheer number of shipments that go out of here same-day in comparrison to the few that we are forced to call or contact regarding delays you'd see that it works fairly successfully, as well.

All ground shipped orders have an estimated delivery of on or before 2 weeks from the date of order. This is a worst case type estimate based on if the item(s) are not in stock in our warehouse, chances are they are already inbound for next week's stock orders from the manufacturers. Once it arrives the item ships the same day it was received. The delivery carrier can take up to a week to go from S. Cal. all the way to the east coast. The vast majority of the time the orders arrive well before the 2 week estimated date.

If an order is not going to meet its estimated or requested date of delivery our instructors will contact the customer, usually via email, with the potential dates for delivery. This date is also based on our normal order cycle. If there are any further delays on the manufacturers end, we will also contact the customer with the new ETA based on the information the manufacturer has given our purchasing department. Unfortunately, not to pass the buck, this information is only as accurate as what the manufacturer gives us. MOST of them are pretty reliable and give info and ETAs to the best of their knowledge, but there are a few out there who we are pretty sure just make up a date to get you off the phone.

Finally, each email that goes out includes the line that states if the given date isn't going to work for you to please contact our instructors at 800-34SCUBA or by email for potential alternatives or changes in shipping method. I am confident in stating that we have one of the most experienced staffs of instructors in any company, pretty much anywhere in the world. The entire reason we are here each day is to help with equipment and scuba knowledge in general.

I hope this clears up how things work here a little bit. I know it doesn't solve any past issues and for those I do sincerely apologize. If you have any further need of help, please feel free to contact me at bob@scuba.com or contact Greg at greg@scuba.com and we'll be happy to see what further help we can offer you.

Reactions: CPH
thanks buddhasummer i will get it from scubastore if i canceled my order with scuba.com i told them am interested in Galileo SOL too if they have it in stock and ready to ship , otherwise i will have to cancel the order but am not sure how and when my money will be back :( i never had to cancel any order before online ..

i always use LeasurePro.com for my scuba gear .. excellent service and never had any problem with them ..but i thought by dealing with authorized dealer for Scubapro i wont face any trouble or unprofessional way of communication .. i really regret it now :S

Just a heads up for the future, we are an authorized dealer for Scubapro (have been since last October if I'm remembering dates correctly), so anything purchased from us carries the full manufacturers warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom