Scuba Magazines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because Spart is soooo above a recreational dive training magazine...and probably because it discusses subjects like snorkel clears, doffs and dons, neutral buoyancy, safety issues, environment, aquatic life, etc, you know...basic laughable stuff...

I find it a great reader each month myself....nice getting some of those quick reminders we at times forgot we really knew. :wink:

They've actually had some very good articles recently, for example discussing safety stops, and if I remember, it was Dive Training that had the articles about what you can take from tech training. It's very much a magazine for newer divers, but I look at it.

Yeah it's worth a good laugh. :wink:
Quest is nice.

Actually, they're both nice ... but for different audiences ...

Dive Training is a good source of info for the recreational diver.
Quest is a good source of info for the DIR diver.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

PS--- my all time favorite diving publication is Wreck Diving Magazine!

texdiveguy:
PS--- my all time favorite diving publication is Wreck Diving Magazine!

Agreed...and Joe Porter is a great guy...He actually has a day job and still comes up with a fantastic magazine. Good diver too...

Hello ScubaBoard users -- if any of you are not familiar with Fathoms Magazine, The Magazine of the Underwater World (and the publication users of this site have called the "National Geographic of the Oceans"), please email me with your address and email at publisher@fathomsmagazine.com and we will send you out a free sample issue. That is how confident we are you will enjoy the magazine, appreciate its quality and how unlike other publications we are. Single issues are normally $10 each and a quarterly subscription is $30.

Because Spart is soooo above a recreational dive training magazine...and probably because it discusses subjects like snorkel clears, doffs and dons, neutral buoyancy, safety issues, environment, aquatic life, etc, you know...basic laughable stuff...
Quite laughable. That's why we go over all that in the open water classes I work with. :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom