Scubaboard Swag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Bob, this has been an issue for years. I reckon if you promise something to folks to entice them to donate, perhaps you should stand by that promise. Do you disagree?

I've been on the list, but certain things are IMHO trivial. Nice if it happened? Sure. Worth an outburst like that? Meh ..

Now, I do get torqued when ads overtake my screen despite my payment being processed.

I've been on the list, but certain things are IMHO trivial. Nice if it happened? Sure. Worth an outburst like that? Meh ..

Now, I do get torqued when ads overtake my screen despite my payment being processed.
Hardly an outburst, Bob, and as I said, I don’t care about mugs or stickers, but I do care if someone slacks on their commitment in exchange for another’s commitment. That does not bother you?

No ads on my phone using duck duck go

but in all these years as a supporter I have not received anything. No mug. No stickers. No “Hey thanks”.
I have been a supporter since the Covid-request-a-thon and just last week I reached out to Pete as my banner went missing as I was away for a bit. Not only did he take care of it quickly but shot me a welcome back. When I shot him a quick and simple "thank you" for taking care of the issue, he replied "No man, thank you for your support."

Which I appreciated! So my experience is different.

I have been a supporter since the Covid-request-a-thon and just last week I reached out to Pete as my banner went missing as I was away for a bit. Not only did he take care of it quickly but shot me a welcome back. When I shot him a quick and simple "thank you" for taking care of the issue, he replied "No man, thank you for your support."

Which I appreciated! So my experience is different.
Precisely my point… I have to remind Pete or the staff to make me “Red” after a donation and they are quick to do that. This is easy. The hard part and the part that is missing, is the forwarding of promised swag.
Here is my most focussed point… if you just want folks to sponsor, fine. If you promise something in exchange for that sponsorship, then deliver. Otherwise, DO NOT promise that.

Precisely my point… I have to remind Pete or the staff to make me “Red” after a donation and they are quick to do that. This is easy. The hard part and the part that is missing, is the forwarding of promised swag.
Here is my most focussed point… if you just want folks to sponsor, fine. If you promise something in exchange for that sponsorship, then deliver. Otherwise, DO NOT promise that.
This is my issue. In the grand scheme of things, does a mug or stickers matter? Absolutely not. I’d initially became a sponsor because I found the boards useful, for invaluable insight from others, had questions answered, and made friends. With all of this, I wanted to support. I became a sponsor because it felt right. I know I’m going to be “that guy” but it is about principle to me. You cannot say “do this and I’ll do that” then not hold up your end after the fact. That’s wrong. Period.

Back
Top Bottom