ScubaBoard's Spree4All Keys Wreck Trek July 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a misconception is that this is a trip for advanced/beginning tech divers only, Pete. This trip welcomes all levels of divers, from newer recreational divers to beginning tech divers and those more advanced than that. This is a great time to get experience diving multiple deep wrecks with plenty of instructors on the staff to help everyone out. Want to go from OW to Advanced? Mselenaous is there to help. Want to take an AN/DP class? We'll have an instructor for you. Looking to get 25 hours on your rebreather to advance from air dil to Normoxic? There is no reason you shouldn't be able to get 25 hours on this trip, with a 4 hour dive window morning and afternoon.

After spending 4 days on a liveaboard, every diver will regain skills or find skills they weren't sure they had.

Thanks Wookie!
You are only required to have Adv Nitrox/deco certs only if you want to take the Adv. Wreck Penetration Class with Jim Wyatt. Otherwise, if you love wrecks, this trip is for you.
As a recreational diver you can safely complete 4 dives a day with plenty of surface interval while the techies do a couple of long dives.

The only requirement is that you stay within your training level and gear to safely dive your plan.

Out of season? It's always dive season in the Keys...or are Canadians allergic to 85 deg water? Ehh? Just in case, there is an antidote to that... :cheers:

Lol Elena,

I like my water cold and warm ..... just not all on the same dive.

My summer/fall work schedule rarely lets me get wet, so I dive in the winter/spring mostly.

But keeping with the theme of this trip, I'm doing my wreck course this weekend on the HMCS Saskatchewan, HMCS Cape Breton and the RivTow Lion!

BRad

Lol Elena,

I like my water cold and warm ..... just not all on the same dive.

My summer/fall work schedule rarely lets me get wet, so I dive in the winter/spring mostly.

But keeping with the theme of this trip, I'm doing my wreck course this weekend on the HMCS Saskatchewan, HMCS Cape Breton and the RivTow Lion!

BRad
Sounds like cold fun. Please share a class report.

Jut a reminder, but we need more crew to fill this boat for a wild ScubaBoard party on the Spree! Great diving, from a greater boat with the greatest crew.

I think a misconception is that this is a trip for advanced/beginning tech divers only, Pete. This trip welcomes all levels of divers, from newer recreational divers to beginning tech divers and those more advanced than that. This is a great time to get experience diving multiple deep wrecks with plenty of instructors on the staff to help everyone out. Want to go from OW to Advanced? Mselenaous is there to help. Want to take an AN/DP class? We'll have an instructor for you. Looking to get 25 hours on your rebreather to advance from air dil to Normoxic? There is no reason you shouldn't be able to get 25 hours on this trip, with a 4 hour dive window morning and afternoon.

After spending 4 days on a liveaboard, every diver will regain skills or find skills they weren't sure they had.

We can even do AOW, Nitrox and many other specialties on the boat. It will be fun to hang out with a bunch of divers and learn from any number of them.
Alright . . .What's the water & air temps, and sea state/currents & Gulf Stream going to be like at that time? Is a thin skinsuit, hooded 2mm vest and a battery heated cummerbund belt okay, or a full thickness 5mm wetsuit instead?

And what private van/motor coach services do you recommend from Miami/Ft Lauderdale or right there in Key West, to help chauffeur my butt & Open Circuit gear to M/V Spree dockside and back to the airport (preferably a United Airlines Hub or Spoke Route)? -I don't feel like driving a rental car. . .

No commitment yet, but just thinking about it for now. . . (But I could use a refresher Adv/Tech Wreck Penetration Course though, and start getting to know & network with some Florida Cave Divers/Instructors as well).

Hey Kev,

It's Florida in July...yes it is warm. Keys water temps will be 83-87ish with possible thermoclines deep on the wrecks, 78ish +/- 3. Air temps: 80s-90s
I will be in a shorty or rash guard & shorts. I may toss my 3mm in the bag just I'm driving. Pete will be in a Tshirt & shorts, maybe a shorty.

Transportation...no need to rent a car. How do I get to Key West
to/from MIA or FLL Key West Shuttle, Key West Transportation, Florida Keys Shuttle and Transportation, Miami Airport Shuttle, Ft Lauderdale Airport Shuttle and Transportation

or cab to from Key West Airport 3.5 miles to M/V Spree dockside.

We'd love to have you join us. I'm sure the conversations will be stimulating. :wink:

I'm sitting today in a Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Advisory Council Meeting. Today's topic is Artificial Reefs. Wow, lots of background info on the sinking of the Duane, Bibb, Siegel Grove, &amp; Vandenberg. <br />
Each reefing vessel goes through so much planning &amp; scrutiny with many federal &amp; state agencies. So much cleanup to make them environmentally safe. Oversight &amp; monitoring by even more folks including non-profits like REEF.org.<br />
I will be looking at theses wrecks with new eyes on this trip!<br />
<br />
Hope you will too.<br/>

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom