ScubaDucks dive 11-20-2004 with Splashdown in Boynton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See where I said "post Turkey" and not "pre Turkey"? However, I am confident that somehow this was all H2Andy's fault. :wink:

NetDoc:
See where I said "post Turkey" and not "pre Turkey"? However, I am confident that somehow this was all H2Andy's fault. :wink:

I thought maybe you were crossing over to one of those "other" agencies...

Ok, so i didnt read post-turkey, i just read the date and set my mind on diving Splashdown this last weekend! A couple of great dives, lots of life, couldnt name any of it, but enjoyed looking nonetheless. Krista and i managed to pretty much make Kev run the dives to max time before calling them - its nice to get two 1 hour dives out!

So i guess someone should fill in a little on the crazy part of this - a couple of the other passengers were kids doing their junior OW certs (did they get them in the end Kev with 3 dives on sunday?), but no-one told them of dramamine/bonine - not pleasant trips for these two little soldiers, but they went on and dived regardless, just looked a little green!! Due to our shallow reef run for them, out SI was stretched out and this is why i was allowed a 60min NDL on the second air dive (nice 1.5 hour SI) - i was thankful for it :wink: . But before the kids did their dive, there was another problem. They were diving baby-sized AL tanks (63's?) and somehow one came out of its bungee during our first dive, bounced and rolled off the back of the boat. Once we came up Guido and Kev went back down to find it - which i was surprised they did - and so fast too, kudos to them on saving that expense!

It was a great morning pair of dives, good to meet Kim and to see Guido, Kev and Madeline again. Will have to see when the next trip might be, not this weekend (post turkey) though as i have my head in a dark hole up in cave country!

I'll just chime in my thanks to Kevin and Guido for a couple of great dives.

I had just (finally) invested in a 5-mil suit, which held up nicely in the frigid 78-degree water :), and instead of having to call the dive after @ 1/2 hour due to cold, I managed to stick it out to the last....there was a healthy current running, and Kevin does an INCREDIBLE job of finding each reefline as we moved along...I'd have never known when to pop back and forth. Double thumbs up to Kevin and Guido for making it a couple of great dives.
As Simon said, the two young brothers getting their (Jr?) OW certs were the troopers...both were so sick they were in tears, but still managed to get back in the water, and were all smiles by the end of the day.....with their father quietly requesting to know where the nearest drug store was to invest in a few drugs for the next day. I hope they enjoyed the next day a little more!!!
afer the dives, Kevin pointed us to a great little restaurant around the corner, Hurricane Alley.....highly recommended for future visitors.
All in all, a great return to diving after freezing up in Pennsylvania for a week!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom