For Trade ScubaPro 109's with BA poppets and recently rebuilt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoundForElsewhere

Snarkmeister
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As much as I love my shiny chrome 109's I find them just a wee bit heavy for travel and all day diving. I love the simplicity of maintenance and the ability to do it myself so I am looking to trade for a couple of 250's or 260's . Not too beat up cause I need to look pretty, in working order or at least toss a couple of rebuilt kits if they are wonky.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-07 at 2.51.48 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-04-30 at 12.57.50 PM.jpeg

I have a bunch of G250 (pre-V) in parts, waiting to be put back together.....

Let me see how many I have....

I have a bunch of G250 (pre-V) in parts, waiting to be put back together.....

Let me see how many I have....

cool. thank you. what is pre-V?

oh. no biggie, then. what's the comparison of the G250 with the s600? I'm just looking for a solid breather like the 109 in a smaller, lighter package.

I have both.... tuned properly, probably not a huge difference. The S600 does have additional adjustment parameters. Some say the larger diaphragm makes for a more responsive and smoother breathing regulator (G250). Some say the S600 allows for more tuning. Bottom line for me is that it must have a metal air barrel (cold water use). My S600 was an up-converted from a S555, and included the metal barrel.

Probably can't go wrong with either....

i'll leave it up to you what you are willing to trade. I have the orange mouthpiece for the 109, too.

oh. no biggie, then. what's the comparison of the G250 with the s600? I'm just looking for a solid breather like the 109 in a smaller, lighter package.

For what its worth, I dropped them onto postal scales to check weight.
-G250 at 9 oz
-S600 (metal air barrel) at 8.5 oz
-109 at 12.5 oz.
20201028_130932.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom