scubapro mk25 turret up or down...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello all,

i've always attached the mk25 to the tank/cylinder with the turret pointed up. are there any advances up or down and what are the disadvantages. thank you everyone in adance.

If you run a longer hose for your primary 2nd stage (40”-7’) then you can route it under your arm more easily from the 5th port on the bottom of the turret with it pointing down. Also, pointing down will probably put your other hoses in better positions.

Erik

A lot of us point the 1st stage turret down and to the right a little and run the main 2nd stage reg off the end of the turret. I use a 40” hose routed under my arm and use a 70 degree swivel on the reg for comfort. A lot of divers use a 5’ or 7’ hose and wrap it under their right arm, across their chest, around the back of their head and in their mouth. The HP line coming off the other side is then pointed at the best angle to run the SPG down the left side so it can be clipped off on the left side waist D-ring. The back up 2nd stage comes off one of the side ports that’s aimed towards your right shoulder and the back up 2nd is on a 22” short hose and bungeed around your neck.
The bc inflator hose comes off whatever side port works to make a clean routing to your inflator hose, usually the port opposite of the back up second.

^^^ What Eric said. ^^^

A lot of us point the 1st stage turret down and to the right a little and run the main 2nd stage reg off the end of the turret. I use a 40” hose routed under my arm and use a 70 degree swivel on the reg for comfort. A lot of divers use a 5’ or 7’ hose and wrap it under their right arm, across their chest, around the back of their head and in their mouth. The HP line coming off the other side is then pointed at the best angle to run the SPG down the left side so it can be clipped off on the left side waist D-ring. The back up 2nd stage comes off one of the side ports that’s aimed towards your right shoulder and the back up 2nd is on a 22” short hose and bungeed around your neck.
The bc inflator hose comes off whatever side port works to make a clean routing to your inflator hose, usually the port opposite of the back up second.

is this setup more for technical divers diving with a backplate? i do more recreational diving, but eventually would like to get a backplate. thanks..

is this setup more for technical divers diving with a backplate? i do more recreational diving, but eventually would like to get a backplate. thanks..

To some extent, yes this is what some(most?) tec divers do.

But the setup reduces hoses hanging around resulting in a more streamlined profile, and reducing entanglement hazard.

There's no reason you can't follow this for rec diving or jacket style bc

That’s where it started, but many people run this routing for all recreation diving even in a jacket BC.
The 7’ long hose would probably be considered more technical, but in this day and age maybe not?
Some people run a 5’ instead as long as it doesn’t bind up. The 7’ needs to be tucked into a waist band or wrapped under a light can or knife on the waist band or something similar.
I’ve tried it all and now I run a 40” under my arm and straight up to my mouth with a swivel on the reg. This works pretty darn good and still gives somewhat enough hose length for an air share, but the OOA diver will need to be pulled in close.

Irrelevant, Eric described the optimal setup. Any tech/rec differences show up in the hose lengths mostly.

Back
Top Bottom