sea horses in cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teri-Lee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am off to the mayan riviera in 2 weeks :) I am travelling with my family of non-divers so I can't desert them and dive every day all day :(. Any suggestions of where I can get the best bang for my buck. I did 2 dives at Cozumel 6 months ago and to be honest didn't see that much. I have also done 2 dives at Hidden Worlds cenotes (pretty cool!)
However, I have a personal little weird hang up and would go crazy if I got to see a sea horse.
Any suggestions?
Thx!

Paradise reef. In the vegatation east of the hard corals. Any DM worth his salt should be able to put you on them.

What awap said, tell the dive guide what you want to see. He/she will do their best to show you one...or two...

A little teaser:

seahorse.jpg

What the heck are those dudes anyway? I never saw a seahorse until I got a prescription mask and then they mysteriously started showing up. Strange.

Teri-Lee:
I did 2 dives at Cozumel 6 months ago and to be honest didn't see that much.

Let me guess, you were on a cruise, right?

No I was not on a cruise. (I'm not much for cruisin') I was on a dive vacation...we dove Cancun, Isla Meujeres, Cozumel and Tulum...maybe I am jaded and got bored of seeing the same fish but I did expect our wall dive at Cozumel to be more exciting than it was. Don't get me wrong...it is definitely beautiful and the viz is amazing but I didn't see anything that I hadn't seen at the other sites.

Also watch the plant debris on the floor. If you see a twig moving against the others, could be a Pipefish, cousin to the Seahorse.

Attachments

• PIPE 1.jpg
    PIPE 1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 56
  • PIPE 2.jpg
    PIPE 2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 49
awap:
Paradise reef. In the vegatation east of the hard corals. Any DM worth his salt should be able to put you on them.
Have to agree, this is the place to find at least 1-2 seahorses.

Back
Top Bottom