Sea Safe and Thimble Jellies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carolina Diver:
Just bought some from Dive Sports On-Line. $9.88 + shipping. Cheapest I've found.

I think he was here before me, so I don't mind the plug. Just make sure you understand that while their price per bottle is less, they charge more for shipping. $7.90 is their cheapest for mailing 1 bottle while ours runs from $4.99-5.99. So it's actually cheaper from me if you're within 2 timezones. :05:

Also, we're offering free shipping on orders of $50 or more through Friday. Just FYI.

As for the season in Cozumel...I'm hearing that it runs heaviest from mid-April through the end of June. We're actually working on implementing a "sightings" area on our site to allow for customers to post heavily-concentrated areas. It would be a great resource for people planning their trips...if we can get enough input from all of our target areas.

Best,
Jason

Well, I am the one who started this tread. I purchased from Amazon(dermadoctor) and the shipping was $3.95 . The cost for the 4 oz bottle was $12.95 and they sent an additional soap (free). So the total cost was $16.90

Other vendors were charging $12 shipping so I guess you have to evaluate less expensive product cost vs shipping.

At any rate....We have ours and are heading to Cozumel on 5/12-5/23 and hopefully no underwater concerns w/ thimble jellies

Can't wait to get back

cyclical:
Oohh well, we went last year 06/2005 and we did alright... other than my wifes seasickness/motionsickness in the boat.

My wife doesn't know what motion sickness is. She can sit in a hot boat cabin with no windows in 6 foot seas, with diesel fumes and the smell of ripe fish bait blowing in, reading a book with tiny print and drinking a tepid beer, and it doesn't faze her in the slightest. I at least have to be up on deck with some wind in my face for a while when we first go out to be comfortable.

I have tried just about all the common over the counter seasickness remedies plus seabands, ginger, crackers and so on.... Everyone responds differently to remedies but the only thing that has worked for me is Scopace, which is a prescription medication.
http://www.motionsickness.net/motion/prescrib.html
The patch form of this medication also worked for me but I did not like having to keep the patch on for an entire dive trip.
Read the warnings at the site. Fortunately, the only side effect I have felt so far with about 30 uses is dry mouth. I try to stay very hydrated.

But this is perhaps another topic.

jbjclj:
Well, I am the one who started this tread.

Sorry jbjclj. I meant that he seems to have been a member here longer than me...not the thread starter. EDIT

If anyone has any other questions, I'll try to answer them for you.

Best,
Jason

:)

safeseajason:
Sorry jbjclj. I meant that he seems to have been a member here longer than me...not the thread starter. Our pricing is actually coming down for peak season. And the deals are excellent if you're buying in volume packs.

Best,
Jason

:)
:hmmm: Jason, we should liven up your posts, i.e. complete your Dive Info and Profile which will reflect on every post. Maybe put something like this in your Sig, with a hyperlink rather than link...

Discount pricing in time for peak season needs: Safe Sea

You might even use this for an Avatar, but click it first to get the larger 16 Kb version, or lift one from your own site.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom