Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is quite a bit of fraying on the zip of my new (just arrived last week, didn't dive it yet) Seaskin Nova, is this to be expected on a completely new zipper? Could it cause damage if left untreated?

Attachments

• image_50391809.JPG
    image_50391809.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 102
There is quite a bit of fraying on the zip of my new (just arrived last week, didn't dive it yet) Seaskin Nova, is this to be expected on a completely new zipper? Could it cause damage if left untreated?
Common on brass zippers, burn them off carefully. Brass zippers work by pressing two sealing surfaces together, this is a byproduct of the process.

Common on brass zippers, burn them off carefully. Brass zippers work by pressing two sealing surfaces together, this is a byproduct of the process.
I 2nd this. My old suit would need a lighter ran over the frayed part probably every few dives. Just a quick run though, not enough to melt anything.

So after 28 dives my Nova is leaking. I think it’s coming in around the crotch, backside or pee valve. Lower part of the suit is wet which is a pain as I have the Tech Boots which are hard to dry. I felt my butt getting wet first so don’t think it’s coming from the zip or neck seal. I’ll remove and re-seat the neck seal to be sure first.
Don’t have any tanks to fill the suit with air and leak test so it’ll likely need to go back to Seaskin. Luckily I’m in the UK so no real hardship but I’ll be without a suit for a while now. I’ll ring in the morning to see what their timescales are.
Disappointed but hopeful that it’s an easy fix and is covered under their 3 year seam warranty.

So after 28 dives my Nova is leaking. I think it’s coming in around the crotch, backside or pee valve. Lower part of the suit is wet which is a pain as I have the Tech Boots which are hard to dry. I felt my butt getting wet first so don’t think it’s coming from the zip or neck seal. I’ll remove and re-seat the neck seal to be sure first.
Don’t have any tanks to fill the suit with air and leak test so it’ll likely need to go back to Seaskin. Luckily I’m in the UK so no real hardship but I’ll be without a suit for a while now. I’ll ring in the morning to see what their timescales are.
Disappointed but hopeful that it’s an easy fix and is covered under their 3 year seam warranty.
Do you have crotch reinforcement?

Which pee valve?

Don’t have any tanks to fill the suit with air and leak test so it’ll likely need to go back to Seaskin.
You can use a regular air compressor for tools to fill the suit. Other options include putting the hose for a shop vacuum on the exhaust side and filling it that way or an inflatable toy electric pump. You don't need a lot of pressure to leak test it. Vacuum hose or inflatable pump can be rigged onto your wrist seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom