Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished installing the Rolock 90 kit. Glove of choice is a Showa 720 11/XL nitrile and the yellow 10/L liners from a 495 set. Easy peasy. The glove rings rotate and lock/unlock without problem using the same hand twist technique as shown in the Rolock 90 vids.

During the install/switch over, one thing I noted was how Seaskin installed the Sitech silicone wrist seals on the QCS Oval rings, with the seal's edge lip placed all the way to the last groove, not to the 2nd grove as shown in the Rolock vids. I confirmed the edge/lip placement in an older Seaskin video as well... all the way to the last groove.

The Sitech manual provided with the suit delivery, explains the proper groove to use depends on how the suit mfr installs the permanent ring into the suit. Since Seaskin preinstalled the seals in the last groove, I would assume that as the proper setup to use when installing the Rolock rings (groove system appears to be identical to the Sitech QCS Oval).
I asked that very question here and the opinion of most here is that it doesn't matter; last groove or middle groove. I would say one advantage of the middle groove would be if you need to get a lever in to pop out the wrist seal from the suit, you may be less likely to damage the seal. But then if you're popping out the seal then it's probably damaged anyway.

So where did you source your Rolocks?

I just finished installing the Rolock 90 kit. Glove of choice is a Showa 720 11/XL nitrile and the yellow 10/L liners from a 495 set. Easy peasy. The glove rings rotate and lock/unlock without problem using the same hand twist technique as shown in the Rolock 90 vids.

During the install/switch over, one thing I noted was how Seaskin installed the Sitech silicone wrist seals on the QCS Oval rings, with the seal's edge lip placed all the way to the last groove, not to the 2nd grove as shown in the Rolock vids. I confirmed the edge/lip placement in an older Seaskin video as well... all the way to the last groove.

The Sitech manual provided with the suit delivery, explains the proper groove to use depends on how the suit mfr installs the permanent ring into the suit. Since Seaskin preinstalled the seals in the last groove, I would assume that as the proper setup to use when installing the Rolock rings (groove system appears to be identical to the Sitech QCS Oval).

I asked that very question here and the opinion of most here is that it doesn't matter; last groove or middle groove. I would say one advantage of the middle groove would be if you need to get a lever in to pop out the wrist seal from the suit, you may be less likely to damage the seal. But then if you're popping out the seal then it's probably damaged anyway.

Doesn't really matter. On the other hand, you might be popping the ring out to change from dry glove to regular gloves. To avoid damaging the seal, do not pry. Squeeze the sleeve close to the ring, that will pull the suit ring backwards. Use lever to just go around the ring and lift the suit ring off the seal ring. I use wide plastic one from car upholstery removal kit.
I personally, do not have problems to remove QCS rings just by using my fingers. In my case, Rolock rings seems to be slightly bigger and I need a lever. Some other people here do not have those problems.

Sourced from DGX (Dive Gear Express). Note, the Rolock 90 kit I received was missing the black glove rings (used for non-removable liner gloves). Luckily the gloves I am using are Showa 720 and so use the provided blue ring/o-ring combo. DGX responded that I would be sent a pair of black rings from the mfr... when... TBA. For the > $200 shipped cost, I want the complete kit for my money.

No tool necessary to remove the suit side ring if necessary, just follow the vids. As for using the last groove, it yields more contact area between the seal and ring, which can only be a benefit. Leaving an extra groove gap otherwise serves no useful purpose.

Anyone ever try to update measurments before delivery? I lost a few pounds and wondering since delivery isn't for over a month.

Anyone have any insight on how gym gains will affect suit fit? Looking to order a suit soon, but I am rather small and started lifting a few months ago. I am worried this might make the suit tight in the bicep or chest as time goes on.

Anyone have any insight on how gym gains will affect suit fit? Looking to order a suit soon, but I am rather small and started lifting a few months ago. I am worried this might make the suit tight in the bicep or chest as time goes on.
The same affect as lifting your fork too many times. I wouldn't buy a custom suit if there were substantial gains or losses in my immediate future. I'm nearing middle age and pretty set in my physique so it made sense for me.

Sir this is diving,.. we don't gym around here🤣

Jk, get the extra room and don't worry about it.

I would consider building enough muscle (or losing enough weight) to substantially change suit fit a big enough accomplishment to justify the cost of having the suit altered. Get the suit that fits you now, and when/if you need it changed get it modified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom