Seaskin seal greys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I want to order these for my drysuit as my neck has shrunk from the weight loss. Great price.. but then shipping kills it.

I know you can get this in the states but its $70??

APOLLO Bio-Seal Drysuit Neck Seal​

IDEAS>?

I want to order these for my drysuit as my neck has shrunk from the weight loss. Great price.. but then shipping kills it.

IDEAS>?
Go through the buying steps, first off you’ll see the vat removed which goes a long way toward cancelling the exchange rate, next when you get to shipping in the past they had a flat rate that was actually pretty low, have you done that?

IDEAS>?
I have the bio seal and it’s a thick gel like sheet that is slightly sticky. It helps a bit if a seal is on the edge of being slightly too loose but the real solution for me was to replace the seal with a properly sized one. The one other option that I tried that worked equally effectively (that is, somewhat ineffectively) was to have a stretchy 2 inch Velcro strap tightened around the outside of the loose neck seal. But again, seal replacement with the proper size was the real fix.

let
Go through the buying steps, first off you’ll see the vat removed which goes a long way toward cancelling the exchange rate, next when you get to shipping in the past they had a flat rate that was actually pretty low, have you done that?
Ok let me check. As I assumed it was $70 across the board.

I have the bio seal and it’s a thick gel like sheet that is slightly sticky. It helps a bit if a seal is on the edge of being slightly too loose but the real solution for me was to replace the seal with a properly sized one. The one other option that I tried that worked equally effectively (that is, somewhat ineffectively) was to have a stretchy 2 inch Velcro strap tightened around the outside of the loose neck seal. But again, seal replacement with the proper size was the real fix.
agree but its around $175+ to have it replaced

let

Ok let me check. As I assumed it was $70 across the board.
I haven’t ordered a small pack in a while but it used to be less than $10

oh wow.. you were right.. $4 bucks..

Done deal! and Thanks a billon!

If you have a neoprene neck seal a good shop should be able to take it in a bit for you for relatively low cost. I do it all the time for people who accidentally order too large of a neck seal.

IDEAS>?
My experience was that I measured multiple times and ordered one for my old neo suit. I think I paid ~ $20 shipped or something (I got other stuff so I'm not sure).

It arrived and felt tight, but I measured the way that they said so I tried it on. The very 1st time trying it out popped at the seam and was useless. I reached out to Seaskin multiple times never got an answer. I should have called. It's been the only thing I've ever gotten from them and regretted.

YMMV... just sharing my experience

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom