Seattle Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Frog,

If you are going to Edmonds there is an Underwater Sports just around the corner and they have any gear you would need.

If you go to ALki Cove 2 (Secreast), Island Dive is 1/2 mile away and again has all the rental gear you would need.

Mike...

Oh yes and I forgot, A latte stand is located at Seacreast as well as Edmonds.

Mike - was that Underwater Sports? I sent them an e-mail the other day and they never responded. I think you posted their name a while back...or someone else did. I still may take you up on your offer if you can dive an a Thurs. or Fri.

scuba_frog:
Mike - was that Underwater Sports? I sent them an e-mail the other day and they never responded. I think you posted their name a while back...or someone else did. I still may take you up on your offer if you can dive an a Thurs. or Fri.

You might want to give them a call as they typically don't seem to respond to email.

Edmonds and Seacrest are both good and easy to get to.
Here is a link that should help you out with maps.
http://www.pnwscuba.com/directions.htm

This link is pretty good to give you info and reviews of most of the shore dives that you could do.
http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_West/Washington/index.htm#8

Another alternative would be to do a dive charter. You will still need to bring your gear, and depending on your your ability/comfort level you should have a great time. Check out Bandito Charters.
http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/
I don't have any personal experience with them, but they are very popular. There may be others as well.

This site is good if you are thinking of doing a charter out of Tacoma. Click on the south sound part of the map.
http://www.seaotter.com/marine/html/divesites.html

Let me know if you have other questions.

Try this web site to get an idea of dive locations.

Click Here.

Click on the link "Dive Locations Puget Sound" when the screen loads.

However, be aware that some sites are better than others, and some are advanced or expert dives. You should always dive with a local. The Seacrest site and the Edmonds Water park sites would be excellent for visitors if they have a local diver with them. Currents are strong, bottoms can be deep, and visibility is variable.

Rossiapacifica

Diver Mike:
Scuba Frog,
If you go to ALki Cove 2 (Secreast), Island Dive is 1/2 mile away and again has all the rental gear you would need.

I think you meant Deep Fathom ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Just got back last night from the Great Northwest. What an incredible chill...I mean thrill. I dove Edmonds Friday afternoon (10/29). Besides the cold wind and rain it was a beautiful day. Did 1 dive. It was awesome. Vis was about 30 ft...water temp a balmy 51. Sea stars, lingcod, urchins, cabazon...sea life everywhere you looked. Would have loved to do a 2nd dive, but I was thouroughly exhausted from swimming against that current back to shore. I knew that a 2nd dive would be trouble. But I'm glad I got to see what I did. Next time, a dry suit and hopefully a warmer day.

scuba_frog:
Just got back last night from the Great Northwest. What an incredible chill...I mean thrill. I dove Edmonds Friday afternoon (10/29). Besides the cold wind and rain it was a beautiful day. Did 1 dive. It was awesome. Vis was about 30 ft...water temp a balmy 51. Sea stars, lingcod, urchins, cabazon...sea life everywhere you looked. Would have loved to do a 2nd dive, but I was thouroughly exhausted from swimming against that current back to shore. I knew that a 2nd dive would be trouble. But I'm glad I got to see what I did. Next time, a dry suit and hopefully a warmer day.
Sounds like a typical fall dive at Edmonds. Were you able to hook up with any of the SB gang?

I hooked up with a Divemaster that was from Underwater Sports. He took me on a "tour" of the park. It was just the 2 of us.

I did stop out there the day before just to make sure I knew where I was going and ran into a few people who were about to do some underwaterwater pumpkin carving. Quite honestly, they didn't want to be bothered with questions. Was kind of surprised since everyone else had been so friendly. So I hung around for a while until other divers showed up and had a GREAT conversation.

Not sure when I'll be able to get back there, but I would definitely dive Edmonds again and would also like to try Aliki...heard a LOT about that on the plane ride home...even though a lot sounded like personal preference.

scuba_frog:
Not sure when I'll be able to get back there, but I would definitely dive Edmonds again and would also like to try Aliki...heard a LOT about that on the plane ride home...even though a lot sounded like personal preference.

Sorry I missed you. I would have been happy to tour one of the Alki spots with you. I just joined SB so I didn't know you were scouting dive buddies out here. I'm developing a local "workshop" that would have helped. :D

Maybe next time

DeepDog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom