Seattle Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WHile readin this thread it sounds like it may be easier to pick your brains directly than to read every thread. It sounds like there is a lot of great diving in NW. I am currently a diver from Northern CA. I am OW, AOW and Rescue. I have also done some warm water diving. I am just getting ready to try out my new drysuit. Well, so much for the background info.

I am coming up in March. I am flying into Seattle with my brother to do some diving. We are looking at getting some diving in thats just a little more than OW. We hope to see some dives in the 60-130 range with good vis and critters.

Most of the time we dive here, we hit 1 day out of every 10 dives thats nice. We dive a lot so sometimes we are diving in poor conditions. Its common to have 5 -10 foot vis days with lots of surge and current. But when we hit it right....Its gorgeous. I think we have some of the best diving in the world as do you guys and the BC area.

So, where to go and what boat? We have never been to Seattle or Tacoma. We are leaving the wives at home. We mainly want to dive from a boat and see some sights while we are there.

Give me your best picks. Tell me where our best odds are.

If anyone wants to dive Monterey, Mendocino, Big Sur or carmel, drop me PM and I'll hook you up. Thanks

kevjl2:
So, where to go and what boat? We have never been to Seattle or Tacoma. We are leaving the wives at home. We mainly want to dive from a boat and see some sights while we are there.

Give me your best picks. Tell me where our best odds are.

I like Bandito Charters, out of Tacoma ... http://www.banditocharters.com/bandito/

Some of my favorite dive sites would include Day Island Wall, Sunrise, Zee's Reef, KVI Tower, Dalco Wall, and Milepost 8.

A smaller, but also excellent operation out of Tacoma is Porthole Charters. You can reach them by phone at (253) 564-5335.

There's a great outfit in Hood Canal called Pacific Adventures Charter. I'm familiar with some of their sites, like Rosie's Ravine and Pinnacle ... but they can recommend others to suit you. Their phone number is (206)714-1482.

If you want San Juans diving, there's Deep Sea Charters at (360) 658-5024.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for the info. I will write them emails and see what they offer. Sounds like you have a lot of dive sites in close proximity to each other. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom