Semi-Dry Suits...thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea View:
Certainly a good point but it's all relative, I just like to keep moving & find it easier in a wetsuit. I'm not "worried" about sapping air, I typically have more than I need.
It's just not an issue wet especially when I'm in an area that does not lend it self to a square profile dive.
Ah. I guess it depends on your diving style...me, I like to go along as fast-moving as plankton on a dive....just kinda drift around hither and yon

lairdb:
, and a significant annual maintenance burden.

I must have missed something here - what maintenance burden? Some talc on seals after use and occasionally waxing the zip isnt exactly expensive.

What does it cost to have new seals put on?

Maybe $35 every 3 years or so which is normally how long they last. Again, hardly an issue.

String:
I must have missed something here - what maintenance burden? Some talc on seals after use and occasionally waxing the zip isnt exactly expensive.

Maybe $35 every 3 years or so which is normally how long they last. Again, hardly an issue.

I had my Latex seals changed out first of this year with HD latex, $75 for a pair of the wrist seals and about the same for the neck seal ...approx $160 total (w/tax installed)
Regular latex was $10-15 less. I hope to get 3+ years out of them unless I do something to damage them unintentionally (i.e something stupid).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom