Question Semi Dry wetsuit recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would this Hollis 8/7/6 be a good choice? Seems there are not many brands making these, Henderson being another.

Would this Hollis 8/7/6 be a good choice? Seems there are not many brands making these, Henderson being another.

Fit is THE most important thing. You could have a 20mm suit but if it doesn’t fit, water will flush in and out and you’ll be freezing.

Fit is THE most important thing. You could have a 20mm suit but if it doesn’t fit, water will flush in and out and you’ll be freezing.
Agreed. The Hollis comes in 9 different sizes. Hopefully one of them will be snug fit for me.
Anyone have experience with the Hollis ?

Then I have to take a dry suit class to get certified and I have to maintain a dry suit. Is there a particular inexpensive drysuit you recommend that won't fall apart or leak too fast ?

Seaskin and deep6 are popular here but I don't have personal experience with them.

If you take care of it a drysuit will last longer than a wetsuit.

Agreed. The Hollis comes in 9 different sizes. Hopefully one of them will be snug fit for me.
I'm 5'11" and 190-195. The large was very snug/tight and restrictive. The XL fits well but has a few spots that I wish weren't loose.

As far as wet suits are concerned the Hollis is ok but for less $ you can buy a basic neoprene Seaskin that is made to fit and you can actually be warm.

From what I’ve heard from people I know (less than a handful) they are great semi dry suits. You still get wet and cold though. I just looked up prices on the Seaskin neoprene suit. You can get one for about $700 USD with a few nice options, or about $600 with almost no options. Which is about what you’d pay for the Neotek. I know you don’t want to pay for a Drysuit class, if you know someone who dives dry regularly and is a seasoned diver, they could probably teach you..I took the course and it wasn’t hard at all. (This is not advice and you should determine the risk/reward for not taking the course).

From what I’ve heard from people I know (less than a handful) they are great semi dry suits. You still get wet and cold though. I just looked up prices on the Seaskin neoprene suit. You can get one for about $775 USD with a few nice options, or about $675 with almost no options. Which is about what you’d pay for the Neotek. I know you don’t want to pay for a Drysuit class, if you know someone who dives dry regularly and is a seasoned diver, they could probably teach you..I took the course and it wasn’t hard at all. (This is not advice and you should determine the risk/reward for not taking the course).
£536.40 for the basic neo suit, it comes ready to dive as is, drop the VAT and add in the exchange rate and it should land for just under $600.

Back
Top Bottom