Semi-live Trip Report Gc May 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was the sargassum seaweed a problem while you were on Grand Cayman? Last year was a bad year for the seaweed all over the Caribbean and the Caymans did not escape but it hit different sides of the islands at different times depending on the winds.

When we were on GC last fall the seaweed was thick off the South Sound and there was plenty of it off of TNI beach which made the snorkeling less enjoyable. When we traveled over to Little Cayman and we saw some seaweed but it was not a big deal.

We will be heading to the Caymans again this fall and I am hoping that the seaweed will be less of an issue this year.

Last edited:
Hey Kathy. Yes, there was a lot of seaweed. In places around TNI it was piled up on the shore. It did make getting out to snorkel a bit of a challenge. Didn't know if this was unusual. Did not notice it west or north.

uncfnp,

Did you do the West Bay Express dpv dive with Divetech? If yes, where did it run? Used to be from Cobalt Coast to Turtle Farm and then, later, from CC to Lighthouse Point.

Good diving, Craig

Hi Criag,

With all our other activites we do not get to do a dpv dive. We talked to them about rental but not the Express dive.

Lisa

Trying to get caught up at work but finally had time to glance at some of my pics. Haven't had a chance to do much with them yet but here is an unedited video from the start of our Kittiwake dive...

Sorry about the jitter. Haven't decided on a tray yet so just holding the gopro by the case. Obviously less then ideal.

Last edited:
I enjoyed your Kittiwake video. Looks good. I think I know what you mean about trying to get caught up after you get back home; I got back from a trip this past week end, and it's like I've been playing 'Whack a Mole' since.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom