Setting up a new rig ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tremtech:
Wow, you must have some money to burn because with out any kind of dive profile or what type of diving you do rite now or where ,with the list you just gave, you have approx $3800.00 set up and have only dove on rental gear. so here is my req http://www.diveriteexpress.com/rebreathers/optima.shtml .Just kidding .start basic ,good reg is the one that breathes well .apex is great stuff, have you ever dove with bp/wing combo if not what made you decide that you should. next is there ice in the water where you dive, why a dry suit and you have champagne taste in lights

You're very right ... however, I do recognize the additional costs that would be associated with replacing much of the equipment as I advance through diving over the coming years. I would much prefer to put a large initial investment versus having equipment that will need to be replaced in a short time (relatively). If I get a quality regulator now (as well as other equipment) it should theoretically last me quite a while, of course providing proper care. I see no reason in attempting to save money buying cheaper equipment only to have to change further down the line.

As for the dry suit ... while we don't have ice, some of our quarry's in the winter have temperatures in the low forties - I don't know about you, but I have no intention of diving that wet (even in a 7mil).

And no - I don't have "money to burn," but rather I see this as making an investment in an activity I wish to pursue ... and when I make an investment, I try my hardest to do it right (or as best I can) given the information I have available, be it through divers (with recommendations) who have taken the route I am planning to or through my personal experiences.

Oh ... and dlegros,thanks for the recommendation to consider the TX50 w/ DS4 ... after talking with the LDS and others it was decided that the differences between the ATX50 and ATX200 were not able to justify the cost difference. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom