Setting up ScubaPro MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only hit my head when I had to use yoke adapters.. so I bought the din and yoke fittings for all my apex and zeagle regs.

my .02
If its an issue for you I think the Zeagle flathead7 has the lowest profile of any reg when the diaphragm is facing down. And, you don't have to pack it with $60 of lube when serviced.

Wow, when I convert mine to recreational setup, I go turret down.

I was thinking back to "Need to check your Headlight fluid" statement. LOL

It's like when I was taking flying lessons and the instructor told me to clean the aircraft with propwash and tie it down with flight line...:D

I have mine down currently, but the octo hose hits the tank valve (more so on the worthington than my faber because the rubber valve is fatter ) and the Primary hose hits the shoulder dump valve on my bc, so i get ZERO movement out of the swivel.. going to try and ride the tank a bit higher ( even thought I currently have the knighthawk backplate curve right at the shoulder of the tank as advised by manual ) and see if that allows some movement.......

The only time I've seen one in the up position and it benefit the diver is a woman that was using Worthy HP80 tanks very low on her body. The turret facing up gave her a bit more slack in her LPI hose. She could get a longer hose, I guess, but her setup is working fine for her.

The history of railroad track gauge comes to mind... based on Roman chariot wheel base.
I heard that story goes on to the space shuttle and ultimately starts from a horse's ass

DA's comments are dead on. Even the analogy of the roast in the pan. I think the term is "functional fixiedness. My mk 25 is turret down to more efficiently route my long primary hose.

I have mine down currently, but the octo hose hits the tank valve (more so on the worthington than my faber because the rubber valve is fatter ) and the Primary hose hits the shoulder dump valve on my bc, so i get ZERO movement out of the swivel.. going to try and ride the tank a bit higher ( even thought I currently have the knighthawk backplate curve right at the shoulder of the tank as advised by manual ) and see if that allows some movement.......

Tony,
I wouldn't get too worked up about lack of swivel movement. While a swiveling cap is handy for initial hose routing, once the first stage is pressurized, and all of the LP hoses (primary, octo, inflator, drysuit) are attached and fastened in place you are not likely to have very much swiveling.

then that defeated th point of a swivel, when I turn my head to the right it torques the reg in my mouth in a weird way.... my NON swivel old reg didn't do that, so my reg with a swivel shuold noth either, it should move FREELY as I turn my head so that i NEVER feel it pull or push.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom