Sherwood Equipment... how??!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is funny is the parts we've had 'Recalls' on are very common parts not actually manufactured by Sherwood, with the exception of the Voluntary Recall on the Maximus 2nd stages.

The BCD recall was a part made by a 3rd party, for the largest manufacturer of BCD's in the world at that time. It was on several manufacturer's bcds. Sherwood was the only one to be public about it needing to be changed. The other users of this part just swapped it out as a problem arose.

Those are the only 2 true "recalls" I can account for in the Sherwood line.

As for a quality control issue, I guess you'd have to be here day in and day out to see my job and learn that there really isn't any QC issue with Sherwood.

Another item you might not be aware of is that EVERY manufacturer has had recalls on thier gear. Some have been due to the exreme possibility of catastrophic failure (their words, not mine). The big thing is we take care of it (the manufacturers) as soon as we learn there is a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom