Sherwood Regulators???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJUNKY1:
I Just Started Ice Diving. Can Anyone Recommend A Go Regulator Which Will Not Free Flow In 33degree Water Temp.

My personal preference is the Oceanic Delta 3/DX4, Sherwood Blizzard or the Genisis GS2000. I've used them all in 33 degree water with no freeflows.

I dive an new Sherwood magnum, and I love it, worked way better than the stuff I used on cert dives, (Dacor, Oceanic) I like all Sherwoods products pretty much, I have an 05 Avid BC as well

I dive a Sherwood Blizzard Magnum from 1991 and it dives as good as it did when new. Also have a newer model blizzard as my secondary. They are a cold water specific reg and I have never had any problem with freeze up even in the ocean at less or close to 0 celcius or 32 F. Alot of dive shops in my area of Canada carry these regs as renters due to easy and low maintenance. As mentioned earlier they are a work horse of a regulator. They are also fully nitrox compatible if cleaned for it.

Your description screams SHERWOOD BLIZZARD. My wife and I both dive them.

Reliable (the term bulletproof is often used) , affordable, service is very widely available. The public safety folks around here are heavy users and those are severe conditions. Sherwoods are the darlings of the rental industry for just these reasons so virtually any resort setting will be prepared to handle a problem. Local outlets are widespread as well.

Pete

Our recovery team uses Sherwoods because they're extremely rugged. I just went to school with Wildbill to get certified to service them, and they're a breeze (the class also taught us Genesis, which is another story all together). We can service these regs in the back of the gear truck, if needed, in about 15 minutes.

I'm diving a Titan LX right now and like it, but my next regulator upgrade is to a Sherwood.

A lot of people I talk to about getting my first regs kept talking about every thing but Sherwood and when I asked about the Sherwood regs they just talked about how much better they regs were. I went on line and could not find any one that had anything bad to say about Sherwood, and what they did say was "easy to work on", "they are a work horse", and "they are always there when you need them to work". That’s when I made up my mind, my first regs were not going to be some thing that I could rely on and not to impress every one else. It was going to be simple and dependable.
Just my $0.02

A buddy of mine who runs a resort in another contry, used another brand because He got them dirt cheap , after a 2 years of use he told me he spent more time fixing all the little BS problems , so he switch to the Sherwood Magnum's , all the little problems went away. K.I.S.S.

After having a couple of sets of "oober" regs for several years I've found that they can be a maintence nightmare. I work on my own regs (ex-dive shop monkey) but I can't find all the little non-standard parts that are needed to overhaul the more expensive regs so eventually I'll have to put them in to be overhauled somewhere that has the kits for the rebuild (it just grates against my nerves to have to do that...) We just bought a Sherwood setup and hope to find another one because I loved overhauling those critters at the dive shop. They are workhorses and will continue working long after fancier regs keel over plus the parts are widely available. I've seen several Sherwoods that shouldn't have been working properly and when I asked the owner got something along the lines of, "Eh? Those things have never given me a moments trouble, I just figured after diving it for 5 years that I should have it looked at..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom