Sherwood Wisdom (1) PC Download Cable ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grizz1288

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I have recently acquired a Sherwood wisdom (1) dive computer. I have been interested in downloading the dive data from the computer to my PC to analyze and create dive log data.

I had been searching around and looking for a reasonably priced PC cable, $80-90 seems like the best anyone can do for these things. I have purchased what I believe to be the SDK400 cable, which is described as being compatible with Sherwood Wisdom 1,2,3 computers. When connecting to the PC though, the Sherwood software is telling me that this particular cable is 'not compatible' with the Sherwood Wisdom (1) computer. It recognizes the cable and will initialize the 'handshake' if I select a Sherwood wisdom 2 or 3 computer, so i don't think the cable is actually faulty.

I read elsewhere that there are two versions of the Wisdom 2 computer (shiny button and not shiny?) and each required a different cable. I have also seen that the SDK200 is the cable I might need to use with this computer. I had no idea there were multiple iterations of the cable and there is so little information out there about these things. Everyone seems turned off by the price points of the cable and tends not to use them.

Can anyone using this set-up or Sherwood DC point me in the right direction? Is the SDK200 required for use with the Wisdom 1 computer?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom