Shooting salt water up my nose everyday & feeling good! Anybody else doing this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazing how just using warm water can hurt. Also have found water too cool doesn't feel real good nor does it do the job as completely.

If you are planning to attend the DEMA Show in Las Vegas in November 2010, please drop by the NeilMed Pharmaceuticals Sinus Rinse exhibit at booth 3315. I'll be there Wednesday through noon Saturday and would like to hear whether or not sinus irrigation has been helping with your congestion and whether or not you have been able to decrease your use of decongestants before diving.

Five years ago I convinced Dr. Mehta to exhibit at DEMA Show in Orlando and the response from scuba and free divers was so positive that he has returned each year since then.

If you left your bottle at home and are getting congested in the convention center, then drop by for a free sample bottle kit so you can get back to breathing again and enjoy the Show.

Or, if we've met before at DEMA, then please just drop by to say Hi.

Yes, I am a paid medical consultant to Neilmed Pharmaceuticals and recommend Sinus Rinse to my own patients and to square dance callers back in NC. Sinus Rinse is becoming somewhat known among the callers and other professional singers. After all, they can not do singing calls if they are congested, just like divers can not dive if they are congested.

OMG! How much were your doctor's bills before? You did say "seriously... I use the stuff when needed but this is beginning to sound like an infomercial.
This not only helped her, it's helped a lot of other people. There was no way I could get in 100+ dives a year before I started doing nasal rinses. Obviously, it's not for everyone, but for those of us that it's helped we really would like to get the word out in case it could help someone else.

I say, infomercial away, USBB!

Last edited by a moderator:
John and Tri, how does this sound for the start of an infomercial?

Do you have pressure in your head? Are you tired of going to the doctor all the time and taking all sorts of really expensive drugs and never getting well? WELL, there is hope! Do you have green snot, yellow snot, clear snot or any kind of snot a lot? Well have not fear! You can rinse it all away for just pennies a day! YES pennies a day! Do you have seasonal alergies? All that gunk in the air sticking to your snot. Is it sticking a lot? Rinse it away for pennies a day and you will feel better hey hey hey!

Seriously, you can buy a large package of canning salt with no preservative or anti caking agents for under $2 that will last you longer than a year. So it isn't even pennies a day. You can buy an Ary bottle or Nettie bottle for under $10, but if you want to keep your total cash output to under $2 buy the salt and use a rag to drip the water into your nose as you hang your head off the bed. Or as one friend did, use a turkey baster and baste your head.

As for why the thread lives on? It seems it has helped a lot of people besides me. If you knew something that could change the quality of life for someone that even the poorest of the poor could afford--wouldn't you tell them? I would. The thread has revived many times over the last 3 years by several different people because it has helped them. I like helping people and making a difference where I can. I may not be able to change the whole world, but when it is within my power to help someone I do. In this case I think the info in the thread helps people and many seem to either agree that it has helped them or they already knew about it concur that the information is helpful. It doesn't help everyone and it won't cure cancer, but it does help with sinus issues and infections. But maybe if someone is healthier and doesn't have the infections caused by sinus issues they might have a better chance of fighting cancer. So who knows?

Rinse on!

But maybe if someone is healthier and doesn't have the infections caused by sinus issues they might have a better chance of fighting cancer. So who knows?

Rinse on!

So this all about preventing cancer? Mea culpa. Spread the good word. I had no idea.

(Anyone who doubts the statistics about the declining status of education in the US need only glimpse at this thread). :(

So this all about preventing cancer? Mea culpa. Spread the good word. I had no idea.

(Anyone who doubts the statistics about the declining status of education in the US need only glimpse at this thread). :(

Actually tri, my Dad died with cancer. We were constantly trying to help him avoid infection. Infection of any kind is a big deal to someone fighting a serious illness.

Anyway, let me give you another bit of helpful advice so that you don't continued to be tainted with the substandard people and there education in this thread. Go to user controls and edit your subscription and delete it. If you can't figure it out, then post here and we will get a mod to help you out.

My wife, how has suffered from sinus infections began using a Netti Pot (spelling), Dr. recommended, which is like a small tea pot. into this you dissolve a salt mixture in warm water and irrigate your sinuses. It is via tilting your head, while pouring the solution through one nostral, then repeat thru the other.

I was having issues during dive trips diving and she "forced" me to try this...it worked exceptionally well and I now use if for several days before I dive and then throughout the trip.

They are available in local pharmacy, even Walmart.

I am trying the home mixture. Been using it 3 days. I picked up some fine sea salt with no additives (only salt I could find at that store that was fine and didn't have any additives) and mixed it with equal amount of baking soda. It's Ok. Working on getting the amount right. Too much and it's salty. Too little and it burns.

I am trying the home mixture. Been using it 3 days. I picked up some fine sea salt with no additives (only salt I could find at that store that was fine and didn't have any additives) and mixed it with equal amount of baking soda. It's Ok. Working on getting the amount right. Too much and it's salty. Too little and it burns.

go buy the neil med, costco has 150 packs for around 10$. No measuring, easy to take to work and trips. Also has baking soda for the correct ph.

Jenny, the right amount is somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon. I use a little over 1/4 in my Ayr bottle.

Scuba Marc, she could buy the 150 packs of $10 or she could do what she is doing and for just a $1 or two, she will have a several thousand applications. I buy the packs but only use them when traveling.

I find the home mix easier to use. I have a canister in the bathroom with a measuring spoon. Just scoop a little and dump it in. No pack to open and send to the land fill and it is really cheap. She could get an extra air fill or two with the savings. LOL

Back
Top Bottom